RE: It s a Male Thing

Started by Cottonwooder, Apr 07, 2003, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersCheck out the new " reversed"  2004 Utah;
 http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/6/8/51574868.htm
 and here;
 http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/6/6/51574866.htm

The fridge and sink are up front now with the slide-out more towards the rear.  The trunk looks smaller also.

6Quigs

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

QuoteCan you drink now like you could at 19-20?

No, because I was not drinking when I was under 21.
 Now when I was 30, ans had a job and could afford to buy beer,
 and had no kids, and would drink every weekend,
 and built up a resistance to beer,
 I couls easily put away eight or ten 20 oz. pints a night, (the equivalent of 16 or 17 cans).
 So my guess is 10 (Irish)guys could empty a keg in a day.

That s great but a pint is 16 oz [;)][8D].

Kevin, you re pretty close. Perhaps 10 Irish guys could empty a keg, but I ve never seen it done with less than.........11. We tried with 10 a few times, but couldn t get the job done. [&:][8D]

abbear

SactoCampersJeff - I particularly like the paint job.  Looks like something the Navy used in WWII.

By the by - an Imperial  1 cup measure (volume measurement) is 10 oz as opposed to the American 1 cup measure of 8 oz.  So that makes an English (Imperial) pint 20 oz.

That said - a nod s as good as a wink to a blind horse.  Or besotted Irishman.  Or the 10 poor sods trying to drain the kegger.

6Quigs

abbear
QuoteBy the by - an Imperial 1 cup measure (volume measurement) is 10 oz as opposed to the American 1 cup measure of 8 oz. So that makes an English (Imperial) pint 20 oz.
Thanks for educating the masses on this Allen,
 Yes I grew up drinking 20 oz pints[:D]

Quotea nod s as good as a wink to a blind horse.
You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead[&:]

SactoCampers

SactoCampersNeff,

If you re reading this, you might be interested to know I finally got the taillight fixed on my popup. Turns out my local hitch shop traced the problem to a bad converter box (?). It wasn t the bulb or a fuse. I think my spare tire was jostling around down there and caused some damage  cause a month or so back, I had to tighten up the spare. Anyway $120 later I got a right brake and turn signal light. I also had them switch out my metal 7-pin receptacle for a plastic one. I never did like the metal one.

ckkevin

SactoCampersSacto,

This must be your day!  Not only did you get your popup fixed you actually posted without an edit!!!!!!

SactoCampers

ckkevin

QuoteORIGINAL:  ckkevin

Sacto,

This must be your day!  Not only did you get your popup fixed you actually posted without an edit!!!!!!

Are you RRing me? [:@][;)]  You know, I can always go back and edit!

Ab Diver

SactoCampers(sound of crickets chriping)

.... " It s a mighty quiet out there"

(Peeks over windowsill) " Yep, too quiet.... I don t like it. They s up to sumptin."

(hunkers down behind an overturned heavy wooden table) " Right. Better keep our heads down. Something tells me the first one that makes a move gets shot."

(checks ammo and supplies, preparing to *dig in* for a long wait)

ckkevin

SactoCampers
QuoteORIGINAL: ckkevin

Sacto,

This must be your day! Not only did you get your popup fixed you actually posted without an edit!!!!!!

Are you RRing me?   You know, I can always go back and edit!

Yes, I know you can go back and edit.  In fact, I refreshed 5 times just to make sure you hadn t edited before I posted the message.

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampers
QuoteNeff,

If you re reading this, you might be interested to know I finally got the taillight fixed on my popup. Turns out my local hitch shop traced the problem to a bad converter box (?). It wasn t the bulb or a fuse. I think my spare tire was jostling around down there and caused some damage  cause a month or so back, I had to tighten up the spare. Anyway $120 later I got a right brake and turn signal light. I also had them switch out my metal 7-pin receptacle for a plastic one. I never did like the metal one.

Brian -
 Glad to hear you got this weird wired problem taken care of!
 Have fun at Woodson Bridge SP!  It sure looked nice when we drove through it while we were all camping at that " other"  place.  Although it was the site of my first rally and where I first met a bunch of this group, so some good came from that dump, lol.  What impressed me about the group at that rally btw, is how we still made it such a great rally even though it was a second rate cg.  I ll never forget the " residents"  asking our 3 year-old if he could spare any money, haha.
 Have a Sierra Nevada PA for me while you re in Chico!

Ab Diver

SactoCampersHappy that the " Gunfight at the NCC Coral"  was prevented, and hopin  that Madonna s Happy Hoe-Down is a happenin  right now.

(rigs block and tackle to roof beam, pulls pool table back into upright position)

Ok Boys, rack  em up! It s safe to come out now! Did anybody ever put a tap into Sacto s new keg? I m thristy!

Cottonwooder

Ab Diver
QuoteIt s safe to come out now!

Otter  n  Cottonwooder make the local headlines, and all you brave menfolk dive for cover.  ^5 HaHas!

griffsmom

Cottonwooder^5s all around, girls! [:D]

But Trish, you can t blame the boys for ducking and covering.  After all, H*ll hath no fury llike...well, you know the rest. [;)]

Ab Diver

Cottonwooder
QuoteOtter  n  Cottonwooder make the local headlines, and all you brave menfolk dive for cover.

To paraphrase the comedienne " Gallagher"  :   Us menfolk didn t descend from those big, tough cavemen who went out and fought the dinosaurs. We all descended from the little, bitty, quick guys that ran and got away."

nuff said. So there! (ducking)

griffsmom

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

QuoteOtter  n  Cottonwooder make the local headlines, and all you brave menfolk dive for cover.

To paraphrase the comedienne " Gallagher"  :   Us menfolk didn t descend from those big, tough cavemen who went out and fought the dinosaurs. We all descended from the little, bitty, quick guys that ran and got away."

nuff said. So there! (ducking)

ROTFLMHO! [:D][:D]