RE: " Wave n at da Beach" Nor-Cal Mini-Rally!

Started by otter, May 07, 2003, 01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteNeff-
 Full lunar eclipse coming the latter part of this week on the 15th. Watch out for it showing at a sky near you.

Ray -
 You know it friend.  We ll be up at the Sugarloaf observatory (no PU though) with our friend who s a docent there.  It s like having our own personal star guide!
 I just want to know who planned a lunar eclipse on a Thursday night?!

QuoteIt s deja vue all over again. When you come to a fork in the road, take it. A nickel ain t worth a dime anymore. And I d give my right arm to be ambidextrous. And half of camping is 90% mental.

Glad to see someone else enjoys Yogi Berra quotes, or is that Yogi Bear - " Hey Boo-Boo, I smell a pic-a-nic basket" .

Why don t you ride your mountain bike on over to the Coliseum today and say hello to the Barchetta s and the Quig s?

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteGod I love this age. They are still gullable  

Yep--that s what DD will say in four years when she s 16 and your 4 years older than you are now.  Course you DH still remembers when he was 16, so it may be a little more difficult for DD to get away with the things he got away with.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverWhen you get to the intersection of Hwy. 128 & Hwy. 1 then you will have only 26 miles to go until the rally!

OC Campers

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

QuoteGod I love this age. They are still gullable  

Yep--that s what DD will say in four years when she s 16 and your 4 years older than you are now.  Course you DH still remembers when he was 16, so it may be a little more difficult for DD to get away with the things he got away with.

gsm x2

You are not a kiddin   I feel sorry for my kids.  I was a sheltered " goody goody"  and dh (Randy) has been there and done lote of " that"  so he will be the one watching them VERY closely.  They won t be able to get away with much.

Jacqui

champ521
Quotechamp521 quipped: Sign us up for site #33 if it s still available.

Done and done! You have site 31 for Friday and Saterday, June 6 & 7.  Cool... Pleased to meet ya!

Surfcal
QuoteSurfcal postulated: Sent you the payment via PayPal. Put me down for Thurs., Fri. & Sat. Let s hope no last minute jobs come in.

Dude, got you down for site 31, Thurs, Fri, and Sat., June 5, 6, & 7. Hehehehe, this is gunna be fun.  

QuoteIt s deja vue all over again. When you come to a fork in the road, take it. A nickel ain t worth a dime anymore. And I d give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

To which I add: " Nobody goes there anymore, it s always too crowed."

To all--- get your cameras ready, cuz Ray be bringin  his wetsuit. I m bringing a couple kayaks, and Ray s gunna try them. We ll both look like stealth ninja s slinking about the campground at night.[;)]

Ab Diver

GuestMore sites still open!  New info added to the lead post of this thread: I reserved sites 32 and 36 for our group, and they will be open until the night before the rally. If we don t need them by then, I can call and cancel *those two sites*.

Sites 23, 24, 25, and 26 will be open for our group until May 19th. After that, if we don t reserve them, they will be open to " the public" .[;)]  

I figured this way our group could have some room to grow, and if we don t need the sites, the campground won t lose a chance at other customers (and I won t get stuck with a bill for 4 unused sites).[:o]

I know there s a couple of you out there, who just need a small *nudge* to take the plunge and join us. Consider this a heartfelt invitation, and I m hoping that s all the *push* you ll need.[:D]

BTW: the previous two posts were by me. How d I get " de-logged"  and post without logging off? Grrrrr...

Red neff Barchetta

GuestThanks for all your work Dave!

Way to pull an " Otter"  (not logging in)!

Red neff Barchetta

Ab Diver
QuoteSite 27: robucko
 Site 28: Red Neff Barchetta
 Site 29: Ca-girl
 Site 30: Ab Diver
 Site 31: Surfcal
 Site 32: robucko
 Site 33: champ521
 Site 35: Otter

Hey Dave,
 Is Robucko s rig so big that he really needs 2 sites?  1 for his TV and 1 for his PU.
 How many of those Acme Ale s have you had tonight?  Hee, hee.

Ab Diver

Red neff Barchetta
Quotequote:

Site 27: robucko
 Site 28: Red Neff Barchetta
 Site 29: Ca-girl
 Site 30: Ab Diver
 Site 31: Surfcal
 Site 32: robucko
 Site 33: champ521
 Site 35: Otter

Hey Dave,
 Is Robucko s rig so big that he really needs 2 sites? 1 for his TV and 1 for his PU.
 How many of those Acme Ale s have you had tonight? Hee, hee

(Sits down, places head in hands, moans forlornly)  Ah, jeeze! Thought I d fixed that. I changed robucko to a better site tonight after I talked to Linda on the phone and she said that site 27 was now open (it wasn t when I first started getting these sites, and it has E&W). Thanks again for catching that, Jeff.

Guess I have contracted TOS s ATT sindrome.[:o]

Red neff Barchetta

Guest25 days to go until we re chatting around a campfire!

otter

Red neff Barchetta
Quote25 days to go until we re chatting around a campfire!

Thanks for putting this all together, and for the checkers and double checkers.  I need  to figure out how long this is going to take.  We will be in Santa Cruz which makes it even longer.  Hmmmm.  Ole Map Quest let me down at the delta.  I think I will go somewhere else; so I don; t end up somewhere else. [:D]

Hey Ray is it just you andus on Thursday?  Anyone else? Are you pulling the PU or just using the truck?

Red neff Barchetta

GuestDianne -
 If you are going to come up through Santa Rosa on Hwy. 101, then I ll give you detailed direction s from Santa Rosa to the rally when I see you soon.
 Even better would be to e-mail Dave and I m sure he ll give you perfect direction s since it s his neck of the wood s.
 Take care of her Dave.  We almost lost her into the Delta at 8:30 at night!

Red neff Barchetta

Surfcal

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter
 Hey Ray is it just you and us on Thursday?  Anyone else? Are you pulling the PU or just using the truck?

I guess so.  Well, the game of ZOOM will go rapidly that night.  But, you never know, Larry and Rita just might come pulling in at 3:00 am.

I m getting comfortable just using the truck.  I m still trying to decide, but right now, I am hedging towards not bringing the pop-up.

Tell Lon that the lunar eclipse is on Thursday night.  I thought about saying hi to you this past weekend in Santa Cruz or at least leaving a card, but bypassed the town and went to Big Sur instead.

Surfcal