RE: " Wave n at da Beach" Nor-Cal Mini-Rally!

Started by otter, May 07, 2003, 01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ab Diver

Hybrid HollyHolly, I think that d be GREAT if you showed up! If you want your own site-- it s no problem. But if you wanna " bunk"  with another member, the campground charges $4 for each additional vehicle, and a buck for each person.

Wow... joining a rally for 5 bucks a night. I think she s on to something here. [;)]

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaHolly -
 That would be awesome if you made it up!  Hopefully you can make it Saturday morning, so you don t feel like you re only there for 18 hours.
 And for $5.00 a night!  You can t beat that!  Although with a Hybrid, it s not like you have a big set-up anyway, but it might not be worth towing over the roads for a one nighter.

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaDave -
 You, my good man are " Mr. Direction s" !

Ab Diver

Red neff BarchettaThanks Jeff, hope they are helpful. I checked my numbers this morning, and " The Old General"  is actually at MM 13.32, not MM 13.26. Yes, this makes a difference, because if you looked at 13.26 going *west*, you d already be past the tree. (Coming east, 13.26 is where you start to look for it.) It s hard to pick out until you are almost on top of it, due to second growth trees hiding it from easy view. Just start looking *up* at the top of the trees about MM 13.00, and look for a big, thick, " perfect for an eagle s nest"  dead treetop. Then slow down a bit and look to the left. Makes you appriciate just how big these trees can get.

Also, about MM 0.75 (yes, three quarters of a mile from the junction of Hwy. 1), you will be going into a gentle left-hand turn along the Navarro River. Look across the river to the other bank. See that " for sale"  sign? Yep, that whole flat riverside area inside that gental river bend, along with a sizable portion of the attending tree-covered hillside, AND with a nice house on the hillside (42 acres in all), is for sale for the mere pittance of about $700,000.

Now the way I see it, we got 7 families signed up for sites at the rally, and... you do the math. [;)]

Man, what a place to invite your friends to camp, eh? Your own " Rally on the River"  anytime you wanted it, and a nice house overlooking the whole thing, with a view of the ocean to boot. Here s hopin  for the right 6 numbers this weekend.

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaI see you are a perfectionist like me.  Or is that anal, ha?
 I will definitely be looking out for the tree.  Amy will be bummed she s going to miss it.  She recently taught a section on reading tree growth rings and the facts and history you can learn from them.  Being the pilot and co-pilot, I hope I don t miss it, but with your terrific description I should be able to figure out where to slow down before I pass it as I can t take my eyes off the road for very long.

As far as the " for sale"  sign.  Do you think they ll take PUT bumper sticker s?  I ve got a ton of them in the PU.  I keep forgetting to offer them to everyone and anyone at the rally s.  Hopefully I ll remember to put them on the potluck table at the 2 up-coming rally s.  Every time I get something from the PUT store, Dave puts one in the package (which I appreciate btw).  I also got a bunch at the Del Valle rally last Novemeber when Dave sent out a " goodies"  box to the group.

Ab Diver

Red neff Barchetta
SCORE!!

(if that was too subtle, it means twenty days to go! [;)] )

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverVery nice " Honest Abe" !

Looks like the 6 page minimum isn t going to be a problem.

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverI remember how weird it was when Joe Montana went to Kansas City and had #19 on his jersey.

otter

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteI remember how weird it was when Joe Montana went to Kansas City and had #19 on his jersey.

But do you remember who wore #18 for the 49er s.  I have that jersey!

Red neff Barchetta

Ab Diver
QuoteBut do you remember who wore #18 for the 49er s. I have that jersey!

I do not Dianne.  You should tell us tomorrow (when there are 18 days to go).  I look forward to the answer and also one day closer to the rally!
 (Psst; this week is font #5.)

Ab Diver

Ab DiverJeff, don t you know it s not polite to comment on the size of a lady s fonts?[;)]

Wow, bummer weekend for diving.  (insert Sean Penn s " Spicoli"  voice)
 " Huh-- There s like, knarly waves, Dude!"  The Point Arena bouy shows waves over 11 feet tall. Not good for divers in the surf zone, unless you want to get pounded into meatloaf. Guess the surfers are happy this weekend, though. (sigh)... to each his own. Problem is, it s a low tide weekend, meaning lots of folks drive to the coast from a long way off, and are bound and detemined to go get their abs " cuz they ain t driving all this way just for nothing" . Hope nobody gets hurt this weekend.

Look at it this way: nature s getting all the bad ocean conditions out of the way so everything s copacetic for our rally!

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverDave -
 I " knew"  some guys that used to arrive in a van to school ala Spicoli and his friend s in the VW bus with smoke billowing everywhere.  It was an old clunker Corvair van with about 8 of " them"  sitting on the floor in the back directly over the engine!  How crazy is that?!

otter

Ab Diver
QuoteThere s like, knarly waves, Dude!"

The same in Santa Cruz Dave:  S nerfers are [:D][:D]

Lon and Sadie enjoyed the really low tide this morning and went tidal pooling for hours.  Wind is up too!  
 Here  hoping it is all blown over by the 6th.  

And Jeff: you are excused for mentioning the size of my font.  Thanks AB.  these kids.....[;)][;)]

otter

Ab DiverOnce upon a time, in the days before Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, and Steve Young there was a fabulous receiver in the magical Land of the Niners.  His name is Gene Washington and his number was.................

Gene is a great guy and makes the rounds of the schools pitching education over sports (easy for him to say)  and stuff like that.  I have an ooooooooold shirt with his number on it and always put it on a kid in the front row.  

And yes! it gets his attention.  
 See ya in 18 days.  17 for the Surf and Us.

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverThanks for the sports history lesson Dianne!  I must admit that I have never heard of him, but my football knowledge only goes back to Roger Staubach, Lynn Swann, & Fred Bilitnekoff (sp.?).
 Btw, do you have your PUT clock set on " -3"  in your profile?  It will set your PUT time on west coast time instead of Virginia time.  It has made day 18 seem so slow, lol.
 Also, forgive me for commenting on your font size.  I for one like your font size.  Looks good on you!
 See you soon!