RE: " Reyes the Roof Again" Rally - Feb. 27 - 29

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Sep 24, 2003, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Congratulations Grandpa!   :)
Sounds like all went well with baby & Mom.

In contrast to that we finally took the jogger/stroller to Goodwill yesterday.  We have sadly passed that stage here.   :(
That is at least until I'm in a wheelchair cracking my great-grandkids on the head with my cane and freaking them out with my false teeth.   :D

gsm x2

How a guy talks about his new grand daughter.

"Oldest daughter had a baby girl."

How a woman talks about her new grand daughter.

"Oldest daughter went into the hospital at 6:00 a.m. for a scheduled induced labor because she cannot have BIG babies.  She finally delivered the baby at 6:00 p.m.  She is 7 pounds 8 ounces; was 19 3/4 inches long.  Too big for her to deliver easily; they should have induced her last week.  There was tearing... the stretching kind, not the crying kind... but otherwise everything is OK."

gsm x2

Ab Diver

CONGRATS TO THE G's !!!!!!

Can't wait to see everybody again, and to meet the new faces. Been working my butt off, and the girls have been using the puter quite a lot for their homework (but it's paid off nicely--- we're pretty chuffed about their report cards).

I've been getting more and more into running. I've been asked to run in a Memorial Marathon this summer for a dear friend by the Memoriate's family (is that a word?). Just bopped off 6 miles and the legs feel pretty good. That makes 19 miles for this week, but it's still just *beginner* status by running standards. We'll see what happens as the months and miles roll by. Keep your fingers crossed.

zymomyz

Quote from: Ab DiverCONGRATS TO THE G's !!!!!!

Can't wait to see everybody again, and to meet the new faces. Been working my butt off, and the girls have been using the puter quite a lot for their homework (but it's paid off nicely--- we're pretty chuffed about their report cards).

I've been getting more and more into running. I've been asked to run in a Memorial Marathon this summer for a dear friend by the Memoriate's family (is that a word?). Just bopped off 6 miles and the legs feel pretty good. That makes 19 miles for this week, but it's still just *beginner* status by running standards. We'll see what happens as the months and miles roll by. Keep your fingers crossed.

Dave,

Way to go with the running ! Try not to increase your mileage too fast, remember you're in it for the long haul  :p See you as Olema.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: NickI'm trying to get Sacto a site, but as of now they are full.
Brian/Sacto -
If you've prepared the Hybrid for dry-camping (ie - located the batteries & H2O tanks   :D ) you should consider Samuel P. Taylor SP just a few miles away.  Considered one of the nicest SP cg's this side of the GG bridge.
We're going to take a stroll through it while at Olema.  It really is a nice SP.  You should think about it.

Red neff Barchetta

Dang this is a BIG rally!
Hope I get to say more than just hello to everyone.   :(

ckkevin

Quote from: 6Quigs22 Days to go!! :cool:

Nice list of people Nick, 24 families,
and we might even see CKKevin :eek:

And what a priviledge that would be :cool:  

Just returned Monday night from a two week trip to Europe.  I didn't get to go to Ireland as I assumed earlier, but I still had a couple of good pints of guiness in Madrid and London.

We are planing to go to Pismo Beach this weekend for a trial run on the new ATV.  I am trying to frantically catch up on work and get the trailer ready for an early weekend departure.  I think this will be the first time we have been able to go two weekends in the same month.  May have to make a habit of it :D

Anyway, we are looking forward to the Reyes the Roof Ralley.

Ab Diver

Hey, youz guyz.... Da whales are runnin', da whales are running!

Saw a few whales heading north today. We should have quite a show at Olema. Anybody know if whale watching trips are available nearby? Big fun for young and old alike. Might be something worth looking into since all da hores done been riddin off.

Surfcal

Quote from: Ab DiverHey, youz guyz.... Da whales are runnin', da whales are running!

Saw a few whales heading north today. We should have quite a show at Olema. Anybody know if whale watching trips are available nearby? Big fun for young and old alike. Might be something worth looking into since all da hores done been riddin off.

The lighthouse area and another area off to the north of that peninsula is the best for whale watching.  It should be enjoyable.  Just bring nice binoculars, some lounge chairs and snacks and you're all set.

Surfcal

RTurner

Each year our family goes to the lighthouse to watch for whales-some years there are lots, one year nothing.
We go out toward the lighthouse, park at the beach area and take a bus out to the actual lighthouse area (they don't allow cars all the way out in peak season).  The cost for the bus is minimal and runs either every half hour or hour.  You can go to the lighthouse, stay a while, get back on the bus, get off at the Elephant Seal area, get back on the later bus and go in a big circle.
Our family plans to do this on Saturday of the trip.
I think the closest actual boat trip would be out of Bodega.

RTurner

Quote from: ckkevinAnd what a priviledge that would be :cool:  

Just returned Monday night from a two week trip to Europe.  I didn't get to go to Ireland as I assumed earlier, but I still had a couple of good pints of guiness in Madrid and London.

We are planing to go to Pismo Beach this weekend for a trial run on the new ATV.  I am trying to frantically catch up on work and get the trailer ready for an early weekend departure.  I think this will be the first time we have been able to go two weekends in the same month.  May have to make a habit of it :D

Anyway, we are looking forward to the Reyes the Roof Ralley.

Hey Kevin,
Refresh my memory, what ATV did you get?  Let me know about where you're at and maybe we can hook up to go riding.  We were just out at Carnegie this last weekend.  The "boys" are going to Foresthill this weekend and then we're back to Carnegie for a day trip.

Surfcal

On Tomales Bay, there's also a very nice place to kayak there.  The known kayakers in the group are:

Ab Diver
SammySlave
Nick (whenever he doesn't fall out of the boat)
Surfcal (but not attending due to work)

It's a great Saturday activity to do out there.  Thought I'd pass that along.

Surfcal

gsm x2

Filling up the propane tanks today and putting adhesive into a crack.  We're going camping in less than two weeks.  Yippee.

gsm x2

Nick

Quote from: gsm x2Filling up the propane tanks today and putting adhesive into a crack. We're going camping in less than two weeks. Yippee.

gsm x2
Scott,
Are you and G for sure arriving on Thursday?  I need to let the campground know today who needs a space.  Is the plan still for you to drive Rita up also?

Mike

gsm x2

Quote from: NickScott,
Are you and G for sure arriving on Thursday?  I need to let the campground know today who needs a space.  Is the plan still for you to drive Rita up also?

Mike

Mike---Let's say FOR SURE we are arriving on Thursday.  When G gets home from her workout we'll know if we are leaving Wednesday night or Thursday early early morning.

I'll let you know about the Rita arrangements too.

Scott