RE: " Reyes the Roof Again" Rally - Feb. 27 - 29

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Sep 24, 2003, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Quote from: NickScott,
We should be pulling out of S'vale about 11:30 so should arrive at about the same time.

We'll look for you on the road.

gsm x2

calstate360

Quote from: NickThanks Sal, I'll call in the morning and add another Thursday site.  BTW if you arrive before I do the first arrive are in the same loop that you were in last time.  I think she gave us the first four sites to the right as you enter the loop.

Sounds good!
I don't know when we will show up. We will have our grandson and it's the first trip that long with him. I have no idea how often we will have to stop or if he will sleep all the way. First "Are we there yet" and he go's in back with the dogs. :J
Sal

towrod

[size=+2]10 Days Left![/size]
9 for the early birds.

zymomyz

Quote from: towrod[size=+2]10 Days Left![/size]
9 for the early birds.

And counting !!

Hey how much does your Towlite weigh ?

towrod

Quote from: zymomyzAnd counting !!

Hey how much does your Towlite weigh ?
IIRC the dry weight is 2850.  My Odyssey pulls it along just fine - been to Yosemite, Tahoe and many times up Ice House road Union Valley and Loon Lake.

6Quigs

Quote from: towrodIIRC the dry weight is 2850.  
Who cares about the dry weight.

What's the weight when fully loaded with home brew?? ;)

towrod

Quote from: 6QuigsWho cares about the dry weight.

What's the weight when fully loaded with home brew?? ;)

Rememeber what Buzz Lightyear said:
"Negative, there are no safety harnesses in the rear cargo area."  
Hombrew rides in the van, for safety sake.

I may need to violate Star Command regs this time out, however as I am planning to bring a keg of Classic American Pilsner and a keg of American Amber Ale to Olema.

Nick

Quote from: towrodRememeber what Buzz Lightyear said:
"Negative, there are no safety harnesses in the rear cargo area."
Hombrew rides in the van, for safety sake.

I may need to violate Star Command regs this time out, however as I am planning to bring a keg of Classic American Pilsner and a keg of American Amber Ale to Olema.
Glad your bringing some cause I have been to busy to make any.  I'll make sure to save you a site next to me.:D

towrod

Quote from: NickGlad your bringing some cause I have been to busy to make any.  ....:D
HERESY!
you have a responsibility to set priorities in life - ;)

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: towrodI may need to violate Star Command regs this time out, however as I am planning to bring a keg of Classic American Pilsner and a keg of American Amber Ale to Olema.
Rod -
Did I ever tell you that you were my favorite NNC'er who owns a Towlite?  I can't wait to help drain those kegs of yours!   :D  :)  :)

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaRod -
Did I ever tell you that you were my favorite NNC'er who owns a Towlite?  I can't wait to help drain those kegs of yours!   :D  :)  :)

Mine too, hmmmm, beer  :D  :rolleyes:

Calstate361

OK, if Sal thinks he is going to put my Grandson in the back of the truck with the dogs, he's got another thing coming!   ;)

8 days for us

9 days for others

Boy, I can't wait to go camping.  Hope all this rain stops.  

Anyway, I want to start asking what people will be bringing for the Saturday night Pot-luck.   In the earlier part of this thread I believe I read that Ab Diver said he was going to do the fried clams again, yummy.  So in that same line I plan on making a huge batch of New England (White) Clam Chowder.  Should be great with this cold weather!   Also, for the Saturday morning pot-luck I plan on bringing Sausage Gravy and Biscuts.  This is not intended to start a "LIST", but just thought people would be interested so we can cut down on duplication.

Joan

Surfcal

Quote from: Calstate361This is not intended to start a "LIST", but just thought people would be interested so we can cut down on duplication.

Joan

No matter what you call it Joan, a List by any other name is still a List.  I have gotten assailed, villified and maligned because of my attempt once to start a dinner list.

Fried clams, clam chowder, 2 items already make a list, no doubt about it.  The liberal faction of NNC don't want to be listed.  They think it is a breach of their individual freedoms, their freedom to bring salad, or a salad, or uh, a salad.

Well, I stand behind you Joan.  Even though I won't be there, I am with you in the listing spirit.  But now that you've come out of the closet, be prepared, you just might get "blacklisted."

Brothers and sisters in arms,
Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Ray -
Funny you should mention "Brothers In Arms".
There is a rumor that Dire Straits will be opening for Rush on part of their 30th anniversary tour this summer.  Sure hope it's for the western US leg of the tour as I've got tix for all 3 greater Bay Area shows.   :)

Ab Diver

Goo-oooood Mo-oooooooooorning Calstate Joooooooan! (how's that for my best Robin Williams' impersonation?)

Home again for *another* jury duty day, and they haven't even picked the jury yet.... (sigh)

Ummm, I looked back at the beginning of this thread, and I had asked if we was gunna get oysters ag'in, since I missed last year's event. Hey, I'm all over that this year-- let the oysterfest begin!

I also noticed in the same post that I had mentioned running for 40 minutes. I remember that particular episode kicking the holy tar outta me. Now I'm running over seven miles on the weekends, and feeling great afterwards. What a difference a few months can make.  Guess I'm making progress.  Yippee!

BWT.... did 5 miles on my lunchbreak yesterday, right in the middle of all those gale force winds and torrential rain at the coast. Ran along a cliff-side trail at the Sea Ranch south of Gualala, right next to the breakers on the rocks. Man, talk about fun! But I had to keep my head down as I ran--- I was afraid that my Tilly hat would catch the wind and I'd take off like the Flying Nun. :D  I surprised a seagull as I came around a bend in the trail, and it took flight straight into the wind trying to get away from me. The poor thing finally took a right turn and rocketed away, after it realized I was actually gaining on it.

Funniest thing was passing some of the homes of the rich-and-not-so-famous. As I passed the palatial estate of Throckmorton Preston (call me Pinky) Moneybags III, I saw old Maude Moneybags gasp in shock to see me run past their picture window. I could see her yelling for Pinky to come look at that crazy man outside, running in the storm. I passed out of sight before he arrived, leaving old lady Moneybags looking like John Lithgow's character in the Twilight Zone movie. ("There's somebody on the wing!")  Hehehehe.