RE: FALLing Turkeys Rally - Nov. 21 - 23, 03

Started by otter, Sep 24, 2003, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

I still can't find the initial post in this thread with all of the info. on it.  Guess it's gone.  Otter is now the author of this thread because she had the first reply which is now the initial post.
I don't suppose anyone saved it did they?
Luckily I had printed out the site assignments.
Oh well, at least those ridiculous asian-degrading faces are gone with the old site.  I don't know why they bothered me so much, but the eyes on those faces were just a little weird.

Ca-girl

Hey Nick...

What happened to the clothing on the NNC store website?  I only see baby shirts...no T-shirts...no sweatshirts.....and NO THONGS!!

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaLuckily I had printed out the site assignments.

Jeff, when did site assignments start?  Are we doing that now as part of rallies?

Surfcal

Nick

Quote from: Ca-girlHey Nick...

What happened to the clothing on the NNC store website? I only see baby shirts...no T-shirts...no sweatshirts.....and NO THONGS!!
Cafepress is fussing about copyrights.  I argued with them all day yesterday, even pointing out the other 50+ stores on their sites with similar logo's.  We will see what they say today.

champ521

Quote from: Ca-girlHey Nick...

What happened to the clothing on the NNC store website?  I only see baby shirts...no T-shirts...no sweatshirts.....and NO THONGS!!

Good thing I already got mine!

Nick

Quote from: NickCafepress is fussing about copyrights. I argued with them all day yesterday, even pointing out the other 50+ stores on their sites with similar logo's. We will see what they say today.
Just got an email from cafepress and instead of letting me use the logo they are shutting down the other stores i directed them too:confused:

champ521

Nick,
Did they thank you for a job well done? After all it does look like you did alot of their work for them. Now I'm really glad that I have the only thong. It truly must be one of a kind.

6Quigs

Just looking at the Map on the route to Casini.
Should I take 280 north, then highway 1, and then 19 avenue, through San Francisco, and over the Golden Gate?

Remember, it's only a 23' box I'm towing behind??

Surfcal

Quote from: 6QuigsJust looking at the Map on the route to Casini.
Should I take 280 north, then highway 1, and then 19 avenue, through San Francisco, and over the Golden Gate?

Remember, it's only a 23' box I'm towing behind??

Hey 6Quigs, that should be fine.  19th Avenue is a little congested.  Let me know when you plan on going and I might be able to lead you.  Although you have a lead foot and I don't know if I can keep ahead of you.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Nick/PUT Moderator -
Do you know how we can get the (my) original post for this thread back?
I had directions for Sonoma county, etc... on there.
Kind of a bummer that all of that info. is gone.

Looking forward to this rally though! - Also the end of this busy week!

Ab Diver

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaNick/PUT Moderator -
Do you know how we can get the (my) original post for this thread back?
I had directions for Sonoma county, etc... on there.
Kind of a bummer that all of that info. is gone.

QUOTE]

Man, I gotta do all your work for you, don't I???? Oh, well, ask and ye shall recieve....

Psssssst...... if we can get Otter to C&P the original post (that is C&P'ed below) to her *first reply*, it will be back at the top of this thread. Or, you can all just view the thread in the *hybrid* format, and it's still the first post.

(insert RNB *giggle* here)

Well, November is fast approaching with nary a mention of a rally.

So let s go to Casini Ranch Family Campground in Duncans Mills;

http://www.casiniranch.com

We really like this location because it is 3 miles from the ocean and shielded from the wind with a lot of things to do in the area. You can go wine tasting or go to the ocean (lounging, walking/hiking/exploring, fishing, whale watching, tide-pooling, playing, kite flying, etc...). You can check out the seals where the russian river meets the ocean. There are some terrific restaurants for lunch. There is Fort Ross (" The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming!" ). There is a giant redwood grove that is wonderful to stroll through. Etc...

I ve secured 14 sites with water, electric, and cable. *No sewer hook-up s in these sites, so bring your grey water tote.

They are sites 62 through 67 and 90 through 98.

*including 65 and 65B. **excluding 91 and 95 which are tent sites that I have been assured will not be reserved for our w/e (I ll stay on top of this btw);

http://www.casiniranch.com/Camp_Site_Map/camp_site_map.html

I chose these because they make a mini community as opposed to the river front sites which are all lined up. I figured we wouldn t like those because site 2 for example wouldn t see site 20D much. Also, this will give parents a little relief from worrying about being so close to the river.

No deposit is required from any Cougher s. They will hold a post-dated check from me for $392.00 (14 x $28.00) as a deposit. Upon arrival, they will return my check and I will just pay for 2 or 3 nights (don t know yet) for my site. As you arrive, you will simply pay for the number of nights staying. Just tell them you are with the group.

I would however like to know who is coming like we normally do by posting here so I can release the unused sites 2 weeks before the rally so they don t charge me a night for each unused site.

We have all of these sites as a group and you can pick one as you arrive or choose one from the site map and tell me which specific site you want in advance. Either way works fine.

The nightly rate is $28.00 for each site. They were adamant about not giving a group discount on the w/e s. Guess their business is booming. There should not be any grief for x number of kids as I took care of that for compensation for not getting a deal for the group.

Other than not budging on a group rate, they are excited we are coming.

Directions;

From Santa Rosa I would take the River Rd. exit off of Hwy. 101 and head west (over 101) on River Rd.. In Guerneville (there is a Safeway here), River Rd. becomes Hwy. 116. Continue on Hwy. 116 (west) to Duncans Mills. This is the easiest (especially for towing) route from Santa Rosa.

From Marin county &/or Petaluma (Sonoma county) take Hwy. 101 north to Cotati. From Cotati I would take Hwy. 116 to Sebastopol (there is a Safeway here) and then turn right onto Bodega Hwy.. This will take you through the town of Bodega (where " The Birds" was filmed) where it will end at Hwy. 1. Turn right (north) on to Hwy. 1 (through Bodega Bay) to Hwy. 116. Turn right on to Hwy. 116. Continue on Hwy. 116 (east) to Duncans Mills. This is the easiest (especially for towing) route from Cotati. **If Hwy. 101 is moving along nicely as you approach Cotati then you might consider continuing on Hwy. 101 to Santa Rosa and then heading west on Hwy. 12 towards Sebastopol. Hwy 12 in Sebastopol turns into Bodega Hwy..

Btw, the " Conspiracy Rally" was considered for this rally since it falls on 11/22 and JFK attended a few wild w/e s at The Bohemian Club s annual rich men s event in nearby Bohemian Grove. Instead though, the " FALLing Turkeys Rally" was chosen since it is the w/e before Thanksgiving and turkeys around the country are all enjoying their last meals.

Again, don t forget your Grey water tote.

Attending turkeys;

Clueless in Sacremento arriving on Friday

RTurner arriving on Friday

Otter arriving on Thursday

Red neff Barchetta arriving on Friday (hoping to change to Thursday)

Probable turkeys;

CA-Girl

PCMom

Nick/Hunter s Mom

SactoCampers

Surfcal (Cough)

Fallen turkeys;

6Quigs

SCCS

Hiding turkeys;

Everyone else

Come on Cougher s! Join us!!

6Quigs

QuoteAttending turkeys;

Clueless in Sacremento arriving on Friday
RTurner arriving on Friday
Otter arriving on Thursday
Red neff Barchetta arriving on Friday (hoping to change to Thursday)

Probable turkeys;
CA-Girl
PCMom
Nick/Hunter s Mom
SactoCampers
Surfcal (Cough)

Fallen turkeys;
6Quigs
SCCS
Ahem,
that list looks kind out of date Dave,
but nice job of re-typing everything from memory

Ab Diver

"Ahem, that list looks kind out of date Dave"

Ex-kee-uz me, but the our fearless rally wagonmaster did not request an *updated* first post. I provided exactly what he requested.

So there.

;)

Red neff Barchetta

LOL!

How about my last "UPDATED" post.

6Quigs

4 weeks from today,
me and Jeff,
and whoever else can remember if they said they were coming,
will be camping at Casini,

Hope the weather is not as hot as it was today :cool: