RE: FALLing Turkeys Rally - Nov. 21 - 23, 03

Started by otter, Sep 24, 2003, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

I had my weekly chat with Gina today and yes, they sell LP so nobody should run out.  The store has ice as well.
She said today was a gorgeous day there and she's looking forward to meeting our group.
I'll call her again tomorrow once I rearrange the sites.
Gotta run.

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaHaha!  Nice try.
I admit I'm into lists, but not to the point you are Mr. Man. A list of potluck food is good enough for me so if people want to start popping-in and mentioning what they would like to bring I'll add it to the list.

Travel safely and we'll have a beer soon!

Hey Mr. Neff:

When everyone is eating a complete dinner and not just salads, then you'll remember "the mother of all lists."  It's the producer in me that sometimes goes overboard, that is why I don't normally volunteer to organize things.

I do it for a living, so if I organize it, you can bet the presentation and organization will be as tight as the opening ceremonies at the Olympics.  Everything on time and every little detail accounted for.  HA.

Alright Mr. Neff, I have broadband, but I am also in Los Angeles, not exactly a backwater town.  So here I am raggin' on you.

Tomorrow, Detroit, MI.  Sorry I don't have a travelogue webpage like GSM X2.  But, if I did, you'd see a lot of concourses, rental car shuttles, hotel rooms and freeways.

Surfcal

P.S.  Anyway, Tania also said that she'd help with the list.  You can tell who your friends are with lists.

Red neff Barchetta

Point well taken Ray.
Be safe during your travels and wear comfortable shoes.  Do you have any crews filming Baretta's trial in L. A.?
Have some of Georgeanne's famous MI wine while you're there.
Have a Manhattan while in Manhattan.
See you soon.

Red neff Barchetta

Well, November is fast approaching with nary a mention of a rally.
So let s go to Casini Ranch Family Campground in Duncans Mills;
http://www.casiniranch.com
We really like this location because it is 3 1/2 miles from the ocean and shielded from the wind with a lot of things to do in the area. You can go wine tasting or go to the ocean (lounging, walking/hiking/exploring, fishing, whale watching, tide-pooling, playing, kite flying, etc...). You can check out the seals where the Russian river meets the ocean. There are some terrific restaurants for lunch. There is Fort Ross ("The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming!"). There is a giant redwood grove that is wonderful to stroll through. You can play golf at 2 different spectacular courses

Red neff Barchetta

Ok, I moved Zymomyz into the group of 12 sites (6 - 20D).

Does anyone have a fence/gate/barrier/etc... to surround the fryers with?  If not, I have a slingshot to keep the kids away.  J/K.

By chance this Thursday I have a job to look at in Bodega Bay that I'll be heading to see from a job we have going in Sebastopol.  From my bid I will then go over to Duncans Mills and check out our sites.  From there I will head back to Santa Rosa via River Rd.
I will take notes of any points of importance in regards to roads as well as mileage (once again).
I want to see our sites and make sure that sites 6 & 7 aren't extremely small as Gina first mentioned that when I think she thought we had big rigs.  If they are in fact fine for our rigs (with slde-out's too) then I will grant Ray his wish to hang with Bill & Hillary.  Not that assigning him a site does any good anyway!
I love this group!

Ab Diver

While y'all are arguing over who makes better lists, I'll just fill in a blank or two on the current example...

Mark me down for a big stove (Camp Chef 2 burner)

At least two lanterns (three if anybody knows how to rebuild an old white gas model)

Garbage bags and clean up--- Like I always told my dive students: "take only pictures, leave only bubbles". Clean up won't be a problem.

Food stuffs--- I'll hold back and see who want's to bring what. As per one of my previous posts, and in keeping with the Survivor theme, this proper pirate be bringin' pelican.

Beer-- I volunteer to drink whatever quality brewski you bring.

Sodas-- Sorry, never touch the stuff. A man's gotta have his standards.

Oh, and .... what size coffee cans are needed? I got a few in the shop keeping dust off a workbench top I could part with.

6Quigs

Neff,
Now that you found your original post,
are you going to re-post it every day from now until the rally?

Could you please highlite the changes in a different color for me please?

As for the fence around the turkey frying,
I have one, but it is only 10 feet long, not enough to make a 10 foot circle around the fryers, so I'm not bringing it.
We'll let Champ & Max do their thing.
Reading the manual for the fryer, it says allow 3.5 minutes per pound, so the 18 pound turkey I'm bringing will only take 63 minutes.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: 6QuigsNeff,
Now that you found your original post,
are you going to re-post it every day from now until the rally?

Could you please highlite the changes in a different color for me please?
Kevin, Kevin, Kevin -
How about a personal e-mail announcing the changes as well?
Now that you mention it, I am a bit "original post" happy aren't I?
I figured that since not many NNC'ers check in here anymore (& I predict fewer and fewer as the year ends & their PUT memberships expire) then I would post it every couple of pages. Between the few of us posting and the new forums default 10-posts-per-page format, a few pages accumulate pretty quickly.
I will try to control my problem down to 2 more times between now and next Wednesday night.
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff

6Quigs

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaKevin, Kevin, Kevin -

and the new forums default 10-posts-per-page format,

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff,

You need to go to the user CP (control panel) and set your viewing back to 20 posts per pages.

Oh, and when you try to Quote someone,
and you delete the parts of the posts that are irrelevent,
you need to keep the full part of the [/QUOTE]  intact,
as the QUOTE] doesn't cut it. ;)

Kevin

Surfcal

Neff:

Do we need to hold a clinic on how to post properly just for you?

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Kevin & Ray,
I propose that we discuss this over a beer.

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaKevin & Ray,
I propose that we discuss this over a beer.

Can you do that?

Surfcal

Surfcal

Quote from: SurfcalNeff:

Do we need to hold a clinic on how to post properly just for you?

Surfcal

Or that?

Surfcal

Nick

Quote from: 6QuigsJeff, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff,

Oh, and when you try to Quote someone,
and you delete the parts of the posts that are irrelevent,
you need to keep the full part of the [/QUOTE.] intact,
as the QUOTE] doesn't cut it. ;)

Kevin
As his friendly moderator I already fixed it for him.

Clueless in Sacremento

Greetings.   Dragging myself to the computer after spending the last 10 days with a brultal cold/cough.   :( .  I can see I'm going to have to work extra hard to whip myself into survivor shape in the next 9 days.

Count us in for the following items:

Peanut oil for the turkey fryers
Margaritas
Paper towels
(2) marinated tri tips

Also, Ralph was planning on diving for abalones that weekend.  

Dave:
Is there a good place to dive nearby?  
If there is diving, is it in an area where you swim to from shore or should he bring the royaks?
Will you be diving?