RE: FALLing Turkeys Rally - Nov. 21 - 23, 03

Started by otter, Sep 24, 2003, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaBtw Mike (or Brian) -
 If you get some free time would you please post these updates on the NNC site?;

Change name of rally from " Falling Turkey"  to " FALLing Turkeys"  (plural).

and;

Site 83 - Clueless in Sacremento
 Site 84 - Otter
 Site 103A - RTurner
 Site 103B - Ab Diver
 Site 104 - PC Mom
 Site 105 - AB Bear
 Site 106 - Nick & Hunter s Mom
 Site 115 - Red neff Barchetta

Thanks!

6Quigs

6Quigs

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

QuoteGreat idea!
 Come on 6Quigs!
 We need your rig so we can all play cards and hang out.

Sorry, if that s all you want us for, then you can count us as FALLen Turkeys for this Rally[: (]

Unfortunately that weekend is already very booked for us, with soccer, basketball and church.
 We will be camping the following weekend [;)]

We ve just been updating our calenders, and find out that there will be no Soccer or Basketball game that weekend after all.
 That just leaves us with the Church comitement with the kids[&:]

As for the Turkey Frying, we borrowed a turkey fryer from Clueless, in the hope of frying a Turkey for Thanksgiving, so it might be fun to try it out the week before,
 that is if we decide to make this rally[>:]

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaWhoohoo Kevin!
 Come on Man, you re almost " attending" !!
 Just say the word and I ll make it so.
 I ll serve you wine (& grape juice for the kids) and wafers Sunday morning.  I ll even pass around an offering plate and make sure it gets to the right person.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta6Quigs:

Aside from the fryer, don t you need some sort of crane, wire and hook so you can lower the turkey into the pot?

Anyway, if you need help with stuff, let me know and Nick & I will help.  First, I ll volunteer to bring a turkey.  So, if a smaller turkey size is preferred, perhaps we ll need a couple for the group.  We should closely coordinate so we don t " fowl"  it up.

Kevin, thanks for stepping up to the (dinner) plate and being the Chef for this whole thing.  In your honor, I will stuff the turkey with a bottle of Guiness.

Party on!!!

Surfcal

Ab DiverDave (Ab Diver),

Just back from the Rally (had a great time) so couldn t respond to your questions about Sal until I got back to work today.   Sal is doing wonderfully, thanks for asking.  Since he lost all that water weight he is walking much better.  The Dr. also gave us an RX for those thrombosis (sp?) leg stockings and they are helping keep the swelling down a lot.  Those stockings are temporary because he has also been fitted with custom ones; we are waiting for them to come in.  He actually has normal looking legs.  If you can remember, his pant legs were always pretty filled in or tight, now, his pant legs are loose.  At the Rally, he was able to walk down to PC Mom s campsight (hers was #116 and ours was #128).  That was quite a distance for him.  He was walking all around the whole weekend.  It was great seeing him moving around and visiting so much.  I really enjoyed having him with me instead of back at the campsite while we visited with people.  Since Sal wasn t feeling well since after the Yosemite Rally, I don t think he has read any more of the book than he did the week after you all left Yosemite.  I do remember him commenting that he liked what he had read so far.

Again, thanks for asking about Sal.

Joan

Calstate361

Red neff BarchettaHey, I pulled an otter!

Didn t realize that I needed to sign in.

Joan

6Quigs

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteWhoohoo Kevin!
 Come on Man, you re almost " attending" !!
 Just say the word and I ll make it so.
 I ll serve you wine (& grape juice for the kids) and wafers Sunday morning. I ll even pass around an offering plate and make sure it gets to the right person.
That s the best you can do Neff??

We were hoping for a better bribe than that to entice us to attend[&:]

6Quigs
 Ambivalent Turkeys (till Neff make us a better offer)

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaCome on Kevin!
 Be the best that you can be!!  Visualize yourself at this rally.  See yourself being a success at this rally.  Picture yourself in the newest rig that you deserve!  You work hard for that rig and are the reason that you should be at this rally.  Picture all of us as your underlings.  You are the Man!  This rally can t make it without you!  Let s spread out some hot coals and walk through them barefoot!!  You belong at the top!!  Can I get an " AMEN" ?!
 Well, that s my best sermon ala a pastor/evangelist/car salesman/realtor/lawyer/motivational speaker/etc...
 I hope that was as rousing (not arousing) for you as it was for me.
 I don t know about you, but I m off to buy some stocks and sky dive!!
 See you in Duncans Mills!
 Your motivator and a Quig team player,
 Tony " Al Sharpton"  Robbins

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaBtw,
 Site 107 - 6 Quigs
 Excellent!

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaOnly 1 site left (108) with 6 Quigs and the rest of the group.
 After that fills, we start filling another area.

Red neff BarchettaJeff,

Make sure you got me signed up, otherwise, I take other people s sites.

Surfcal

6Quigs

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteCome on Kevin!
 Be the best that you can be!! Visualize yourself at this rally. See yourself being a success at this rally. Picture yourself in the newest rig that you deserve! You work hard for that rig and are the reason that you should be at this rally. Picture all of us as your underlings. You are the Man! This rally can t make it without you! Let s spread out some hot coals and walk through them barefoot!! You belong at the top!! Can I get an " AMEN" ?!
 Well, that s my best sermon ala a pastor/evangelist/car salesman/realtor/lawyer/motivational speaker/etc...
 I hope that was as rousing (not arousing) for you as it was for me.
 I don t know about you, but I m off to buy some stocks and sky dive!!
 See you in Duncans Mills!
 Your motivator and a Quig team player,
 Tony " Al Sharpton"  Robbins

Take it easy there Neff,
 All I needed was a cold beer.
 Looking forward to occupying site 107.
 Thanks for putting this together[;)]

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaTa-da!  We ve filled all 10 sites!

Site 108 - Surfcal/Cough
 Let the party begin!

Fence sitters are encouraged to join us.
 We can just start filling sites 88, 89, 90, etc...
 http://www.casiniranch.com/Camp_Site_Map/camp_site_map.html
 Let me know though so I can reserve them.

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaJeez Kevin, I gave you my best sermon and all you wanted was a beer!
 Did I at least get you pumped up?  Are you ready to take on the world?

Ca-girl

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Ta-da!  We ve filled all 10 sites!

Site 108 - Surfcal/Cough
 Let the party begin!

Fence sitters are encouraged to join us.
 We can just start filling sites 88, 89, 90, etc...
 http://www.casiniranch.com/Camp_Site_Map/camp_site_map.html
 Let me know though so I can reserve them.

Dang...I missed it by THAT MUCH! [8D] Anyway, put us down as attending turkeys, and we will take whatever the next site would be.