No Name Rally (Olema) February 17 - 20, 2005

Started by Nick, Jul 08, 2004, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Hello Dianne:

I tow alone all the time.  Of course, I only have one bunkend.  That might be the difference.

Surfcal

otter

Quote from: SurfcalHello Dianne:

I tow alone all the time. Of course, I only have one bunkend. That might be the difference.

Surfcal
Indeed you do!.. and bring your truck a lot on that account.  I might just do that this time.  I'll nest into the van, leave the dogs home with Lon and spend the night if it works out.  
I will need to run a electric line off someones spot is all.  
Is that ok with you Nick?  It will just be for Saturday night probably.

Nick

Quote from: otterIndeed you do!.. and bring your truck a lot on that account. I might just do that this time. I'll nest into the van, leave the dogs home with Lon and spend the night if it works out.
I will need to run a electric line off someones spot is all.
Is that ok with you Nick? It will just be for Saturday night probably.
Fine by me.  We do have a spare bunk.

pcmom

Hey Nick,

I finally found a spare moment and just sent you monies via paypal today (included some extra for you and the group site as well).  If we decide to come down on Thursday, is there a site available?  We are looking at schedules and are considering pulling the kids out of school on Friday so that we are free to come Thursday evening.  Let me know if it is available.

Can't wait to go camping - it's been a while!

Thanks!!

boncrab

Boo hoo... I'm all bummed out... I have to work that saturday.  I'm gonna miss the karaoke....

My DH and 2 DS's and a couple neighbors will still be coming. So they can show me all the pictures when they get back...

I'll be thinking of you all..

Bonnie

Unregistered

Quote from: NickFine by me.  We do have a spare bunk.

Thanks! and thanks to everyone who has offered me a spot.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Dianne

Unregistered

Thanks NIck:  And thanks everyone who offered a spot to put my head.  See you all there!
Dianne

chkster

I was wondering what, if any, activities were planned for olema.
I understand a hike is set.. :D  Is there going to be a potluck? I heard that some rallies have them.. any info would be great as this is our first.
 We will arrive early evening friday night as we live only a couple of hours away..and are not free friday. :mad:
 Well looking forward to meeting all!!!

otter

Quote from: NickFine by me. We do have a spare bunk.
Thanks Nick!!!  And thanks to everyone who offered a bunk and dry/warm place.
See you all there!
otter=:# Dianne

OC Campers

Quote from: chksterI was wondering what, if any, activities were planned for olema.
I understand a hike is set.. :D Is there going to be a potluck? I heard that some rallies have them.. any info would be great as this is our first.
We will arrive early evening friday night as we live only a couple of hours away..and are not free friday. :mad:
Well looking forward to meeting all!!!
I'll chime in here for you.  I have camped with the NNC but this is our first official NNC rally since we have moved up north.  Usually we have a huge potluck Saturday night with more food than any person should ingest.  We have an extra site and that will most likely be "party central".  I am not sure if there are any activities yet.  I haven't seen any posted.  They were trying at one point to have a cioppino cookoff but I don't know if that is still happening.   Usually with these rally's you do what you want (that is the nice part);  If you want to relax-you can, if you want to socialize--you can.  If you wanna do something--you can usually find someone who wants to do it too.   This is a wonderful group of people who have a lot of fun together.

Jacqui

towrod

Quote from: OC Campers...  Usually with these rally's you do what you want (that is the nice part);  If you want to relax-you can, if you want to socialize--you can. ....
Jacqui

No no no  
-we need an itinerary!  
- Ray needs to make a potluck list
-Larry needs to publish a menu
-Mike needs to organize a Ho"r"sie ride!
:J
.....Ooops sorry about that!   I must be going crazy due to lack of camping. :D

Serriously I just "revived" the Cioppino thread....mmmm Ciopino!

OC Campers

Quote from: towrodNo no no
-we need an itinerary!
- Ray needs to make a potluck list
-Larry needs to publish a menu
-Mike needs to organize a Ho"r"sie ride!
:J
.....Ooops sorry about that! I must be going crazy due to lack of camping. :D

Serriously I just "revived" the Cioppino thread....mmmm Ciopino!
Ok people, time is of the essence.  Plan away.  We need direction.   I need to make my shopping list.  LETS GO CAMPING:D

Nick

Here are the activity plans so far

Saturday - Cippino Cookoff  (make sure you post on that thread if you want to form a team)
Saturday Afternoon - Second annual Wine and Cheese Tasting  (Anyone who would like to participate should bring a bottle of their favorite bottle of Wine and some cheese if you like.)

Saturday Morining - Sea Cave Hike (This depends on the tide.  Currently the NOAA is predicting a low tide of .08 at around 11:49AM.  The .08 is great but its a bit late in the day.  After looking through the caves and then the 10 mile hike back it might be a bit late.  Last time I went the low tide was .08 but at 8:00AM)

pcmom

Quote from: NickAfter looking through the caves and then the 10 mile hike back it might be a bit late.)
Hello Nick,

Originally you posted that the hike was 12-13 miles round-trip and now 10 miles back.  So, how far "one-way" is the hike?  Also, what is the trail like, flat, up-hill, etc.  I'm trying to decide if we want to attempt this as a family, or perhaps just one of us taking our older son on the hike.  It sounds like fun but want to be prepared for the distance.

Thanks!!

Michelle

Calstate361

I will put my 2 cents in here.  Some of us would still like the pot-luck even if it is a bit later than the usual 6:00 p.m. (ha ha).  Some of us can't participate in the hike so we will be at the campsite.   We can start the pot-luck around 7:00 and when the group that went on the hike returns, they can join in.  

I plan on preparing biscuts and sausage gravey for Saturday morning and a big pot of clam chowder, like I did last year, for the Saturday night pot-luck.   Any others interested in continuing the pot luck?  Nick, I will simi-organize it for you, if you like.

Joan