News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: April Rally

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

gsm x2
QuoteAre we having a potluck Saturday night? From a Southern nick-neff-cough or less northern nick-neff-cough.

Yes we are.  Anyone who travels north on the 101 will bring a main dish.  People who travel SOUTH will bring appitizers.

The Nick-Clan is responsible for bringing a dessert appropriate for Bonnie s B-day celebration.

Thanks for asking

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

StimpyPlease tell me this is a typo, but I looked up El Chorro, and the sites are supposed to be only 10 feet wide??!!??!!  [&:]  (Info copied below.)  Oh please be a typo!!!

# Sites    Available: 42
 # Paved: 42
 # Back-ins(10 x 40)
 # Some shaded
 # Room for slide outs
 http://www.tldirectory.com/search/index.cfm?action=details&fn=940000039

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuotePlease tell me this is a typo, but I looked up El Chorro, and the sites are supposed to be only 10 feet wide??!!??!!  (Info copied below.) Oh please be a typo!!!

Tricia--I think that must be the paved driveways.  The campsites are small, but adaquate.

gsm x2

Nick

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

The Nick-Clan is responsible for bringing a dessert appropriate for Bonnie s B-day celebration.

Thanks for asking

gsm x2

Sounds good to me!  By the way, its Bonny not Bonnie

gsm x2

Nick
QuoteBonny not Bonnie

Good to know.

Note to self:  Bonny uses the male spelling of Bonny, same as Bonny Sono did before he before he took up botany.

gsm x2

oldmoose

gsm x2FYI, due to work schedules (ugh), we will be leaving around noon on Friday for SLO.

Cottonwooder

gsm x2Hellooooo-oooooo-ooooooo-ooooooo-oooooooooo????????????

:::::empty room merely echos back:::::  [:(]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteHellooooo-oooooo-ooooooo-ooooooo-oooooooooo????????????

:::::empty room merely echos back:::::  

We are back so you shouldn t hear echos in the empty rooms.

BTW--I noticed that you have moved ahead of G-Whiz on the " most posters"  list.  Good for you.  I expect to see you in my rear-view-mirror soon.  Right above the " Objects May Appear Further than they Actually Are"  wording.

gsm x2

otter

gsm x2
Quote" Objects May Appear Further than they Actually Are"  wording.

on my calendar there is a warning:
 Dates may be closer than they appear to be:

gsm x2

otter
Quoteon my calendar there is a warning:
 Dates may be closer than they appear to be:

How true!!!  But it seems so long before this rally happens...but then POOF it will be here.

It felt odd saying, " See you in June to so many people at Snug Harbor."   If more people were coming to this rally, we could have been saying, " See you next month."

Of course what was really odd for us bi-national types is that G-Whiz and I are doing three rallies before the June Rally.  Love the freedom of the empty nest.

gsm x2

gsm x2

gsm x2At this point, here are the twelve paid and confirmed families attending.  If you intend to attend, please let me know.  We may be losing one of the families, so there may be a RESERVED SPACE available.  Even if there isn t a RESERVED SPACE, we don t anticipate the park filling up, so LAST MINUTE sign-ups can be tolerated.

1  gsm x2 & g-whiz
 2  Cottonwooder
 3  Sammyslave
 4  Otter
 5  Nick
 6  Lute and Bonny
 7  Dave
 8  Rick & Bea
 9  DuaneFamily
 10 Stimpy
 11 Chezway
 12 Oldmoose

gsm x2

otter

gsm x2morning all:  Our very own ocean/coast docent-guy has asked me to post this for all attending  the SLO escape rally.  [:D]  who might be interested.  

.........................San Luis Obispo County s very
 own Point Piedras Blancas in the Spring is the best location anywhere along
 the entire 2400 mile migration route between Baja and northern Alaska to
 conduct these surveys since every single last one of those little babies pass
 the  Point  at just 200 meters starting about April 1st.  The fringe benefit
 just for my own entertainment / amusement and keeping me attentive, Piedras
 Blancas is the California capitol of all coastal viewing sites for witnessing
 and experiencing the entire season spectacle from start to finish with the
 dazzling to often hypnotic northbound coastal seabird migration which zips by
 so nearshore each Spring.................

Our plan is to arrive Thursday and maybe stay til Monday, depending on; the weather G-gods ( who have been very good to us); family affairs; the whales;  the traffic.etc.  It is nice to be retired.[:)][8D][;)]

I will bring the potstickers (unless everyone is sick of them) and some ginger bread.  And anything else that will go along..
 hugs

g-whiz

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

morning all:  Our very own ocean/coast docent-guy has asked me to post this for all attending  the SLO escape rally.  [:D]  who might be interested.  

.........................San Luis Obispo County s very
 own Point Piedras Blancas in the Spring is the best location anywhere along
 the entire 2400 mile migration route between Baja and northern Alaska to
 conduct these surveys since every single last one of those little babies pass
 the  Point  at just 200 meters starting about April 1st.  The fringe benefit
 just for my own entertainment / amusement and keeping me attentive, Piedras
 Blancas is the California capitol of all coastal viewing sites for witnessing
 and experiencing the entire season spectacle from start to finish with the
 dazzling to often hypnotic northbound coastal seabird migration which zips by
 so nearshore each Spring.................

Our plan is to arrive Thursday and maybe stay til Monday, depending on; the weather G-gods ( who have been very good to us); family affairs; the whales;  the traffic.etc.  It is nice to be retired.[:)][8D][;)]

I will bring the potstickers (unless everyone is sick of them) and some ginger bread.  And anything else that will go along..
 hugs

This will be an AWESOME weekend.  When I think of this SLO area a whole lot of favorites rush into my mind.  On April 12th, Cayucos is having their Seafood Festival including an oyster eating contest.  Just thot I d mention it. [;)][8D]

If we see whales, I will be thrilled.  We watch them return home with their calves along the PCH down by Sycamore Canyon.  No matter how many times you see them, it is always an amazing sight.

Dianne, can t wait to sink my teeth into the gingerbread and speaking for myself, I am not tired of pot stickers.  We will also arrive on Thursday in the afternoon.  Scott s schedule and my semi-retirement are a definite plus!

g-whiz

oldmoose

QuoteORIGINAL:  oldmoose

FYI, due to work schedules (ugh), we will be leaving around noon on Friday for SLO.

You should arrive around 3:30ish so we ll see you both (Molly, too) then.

otter

gsm x2I m not sure what time we will be leaving..or even from where.  I wanted to go down 1, but Lon is balking.  After driving the levees  I am a lot more confident than he is in our ability to do that.  Any way.  I will get in touch with Larry and Rita and see if they want to caravan.  
 Let s think of grilled Lamb and Lon s eggplant for Friday night.  Sound Good?  or is that the oyster eating contest?  Just a thought.  
 hugs