News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Joan's Surgery

Started by Calstate361, Oct 11, 2005, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenzilla

Just two more weeks Joan !!!!   I expect you may be a bit nervous now, but hang in there, you just keep a positive attitude and you'll do fine.  

We're praying for a speedy trouble-free recovery for you.  

Has Sal got the computer ready for you, so can keep us up to date on your progress after surgery?

Dee4j

Dee4j

11 more days!!!

Calstate361

AW, Dee, you beat me to the count down. Oh Well. Yes I'm getting a bit gittery. Keep waking up about every 2 hours because my mind starts running. Had to go to So. SF on Friday for my Pre-op class and didn't get out of there until 4:45. The traffic home was *#&^$*#((Q!_#(*!!!

I go back tomorrow for the meeting with my surgeon and back again on Thursday. So with working today, Wednesday (Friday is my RDO), Monday, and Tuesday, I only have 4 more days at work. Boy the time flies!

Gwenzella, no, Sal doesn't have his computer up and running yet. We were supposed to have new windows put in last Wednesday, but the company cancelled and changed it to Thursday because of the rain. Then when they got there the person who had measured the windows did it incorrectly so we have to wait another 2 weeks for them to re-order. We had to take stuff out all 3 bedrooms around the windows so we have boxes all along the hallway, and front room. Sal disconnected his 3 computers for that and now he needs to move them back in and hook them back up again. He will have to do it soon becuse, as usual, something will probably go wrong with one of them and he will have to get it fixed before I get back from my surgery.

Talk to you all again soon.

Joan

6Quigs

9 more days

Sorry, just could't resist the countdown.
I hope you don't mind, but I corrected the number of days.
I'd hate for Joan to miss her date with the surgeon just cuz of our countdown.

Quote from: Calstate361Sal doesn't have his computer up and running yet. We were supposed to have new windows put in last Wednesday,  
Anybody else read this and think that windows were being installed on the computer not the house? :confused:  ;)

Calstate361

8 more days!

HA, you caught me Kevin (6Quigs)!   You are correct, they are windows for the house, not the computer.

Back from my appointment with my surgeon yesterday, it's still a go for 2/2!!!
It such an awful trip; due to the traffic and the time of my appointment it was a 6 hour trip (3 hrs. each way) for a 15 minute appointment.   NOT FUN!!!:(

We go back agian tomorrow (Thursady 2/26) and have to leave the house at 5:00 a.m. (because of the traffic) to make an 8:30 appointment.  I have 3 appointments tomorrow with the last one being at 2:00.  Hopefully we will get out of there a little sooner than yesterday.  

It's getting real close now.  I think Sal is more nervous than I am.  Will keep you all posted.

Joan

Dee4j

Quote from: 6Quigs9 more days

Sorry, just could't resist the countdown.
I hope you don't mind, but I corrected the number of days.
I'd hate for Joan to miss her date with the surgeon just cuz of our countdown.

;)

Thanks Kevin..I always seem to do that. I usually post when I get home from work (3 am) and to me it's not the next day yet

6Quigs

7 MORE DAYS

Just think, this time next week, it will all be over  :)

6Quigs

FIVE MORE DAYS

We are now able to use one hand for the countdown

Dee4j

hope this is right... 6 Quigs posted yesterday at 12:49 pm so I'm assuming this means...

4 more days

with my hours I never know what day it is anymore :eyecrazy:

Calstate361

3 MORE DAYS

I guess I'm getting more nervous as the days go by.  I keep waking up during the night.  Tomorrow is my last day at work then on to So. SF on Wed. to check in the Travelodge and have my blood cross and type matched before 1:00.  Won't know what time to show up at Admitting until Wed. afternoon when I call.  It could be 6:30 or 10:00 a.m.  Either way, you all pray for me in the morning.  I'm told the surgery is only 1-1/2 hr.   Sal has to call several people and so I will have him call Chelsie's Dad (John Baker) so he can post here how my surgery went.   Sal still doesn't have his computer up and running yet.  He was having all kinds of problems with his hard drive so he has given it to his son to work on.  Sal  has NO patients and gets frustrated and starts messing things up so he quite before he broke it and gave it to his son.   I don't know when we will get the hard drive back from him, but I will post as soon as I can.  I already have a post op. appointment on 2/14 so I'll know then when I can come back to work; hopefully 2/20.  So, don't know if I'll have time to check in here tomorrow since I have a lot of clean up things to do tomorrow so I'll sign in here as soon as I'm able.

Joan

Calstate361

2 MORE DAYS!

Well, this is it and this will probably be my last post until I get home and Sal gets his computer up and running.

Talk to you all soon and pray for me on the morning of Feb. 2nd.

THANKS

Joan

OC Campers

Good luck Joan, I know you will do great!!!

Jacqui

oldmoose

Best wishes for a successful surgery. Ok Sal, time to fix the computer.

Moose

Calstate361

Now Moose, how is Sal supposed to read your dig?   His computer is not running and he can't or won't come here to my work office to read it! HE HE HE

Anyway, thanks all for the well wishes and I KNOW I will do good.   Winding down here at work so I can get out of here at my usual time of 4:00.  Like I said before, I'll have John Baker (Chelsie's Dad) post here to let you know how I did.

LOVE & KISSES

Joan