Main Menu

RE: 2003 NNC Winter Rally- Olema

Started by Hybrid Holly, Jan 07, 2003, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Ray,

We should be in San Jose around 11:00ish to do some shopping and meet with Larry and Rita.  If we leave SJ around 1:00ish, we should be in SF before 2:00.  Do you want us to call as we leave SJ?

Do you realize that there is one peculiar thing if the three of us convoyed up together?  I ll give you a chance to think about it before I give you my answer.

gsm x2

Yes, I can join you folks.  I ll just work two days this week.  So, it s eating me, what s peculiar.  Can t be that we ve attended all the rallies together.  You both have, but I missed Woodson.  You know, I haven t paid for Thursday, I ll just pay on-site.

I should be able to join you folks by SFO, that s where I park the trailer.

Surfcal

The Memory Maker

Red neff BarchettaO.K now that we know that my emailing the signs didn t work all that well.
 (Plan B) I ll print out the sighns at work and bring them to the rally.
 I m getting off work @12:30 so we hope to be there be 3:00-3:30

Mike-
 Re-eMail me about the problem with the names on the signs.

gsm x2

Red neff BarchettaRay,

OK, match these tow vehicles and their capacities to the popup they pull

Ford Explorer
 Chevy Trailblazer
 Ford F-150 pickup truck

8 foot starcraft
 10 foot Coleman
 12 foot Coleman

Seems like you should tow Larry s and Larry should tow yours.  Actually, Larry s Explorer may have a higher tow rating than our Trailblazer.  If that s the case You can tow Larry s, we ll tow yours and Larry can tow ours.

Is there room at SFO to make the changes???  Should we meet in the Brisbane Marina Parking lot and go hassle a Harbor Master???  [:D]

Just a thought for a convenient meeting place.

gsm x2

gsm x2

Surfcal

gsm x2Scott:

While you are a minimalist, then I am the exact opposite.  I am then a...maximalist?  Since I do understand that I have a wealth of power under my hood and can most likely tow my one-sided and Sactocamper s and not even feel a thing, I ve accepted the responsibility of loading down that bugger with useless things that might come in handy.  You don t know this, but I gave Nick a Porta-Potti at Lake Chabot because I had an extra one that I ve never used.  Then I gave him a table because I never use it.  It just makes room for more stuff that I can score and perhaps never use.

I think it ll be cool to have three pop-ups in a row.  I ve never done that.  We ll rule highway 101.  But I wouldn t follow Sammyslave.  He got us lost the last run we made to Olema and did an extra 30 miles.  At that rate, we d be setting up in the dark.

Surfcal

g-whiz

Surfcal
QuoteI think it ll be cool to have three pop-ups in a row. I ve never done that. We ll rule highway 101. But I wouldn t follow Sammyslave. He got us lost the last run we made to Olema and did an extra 30 miles. At that rate, we d be setting up in the dark.

That will be cool.  But in Sammyslave s defense I have to say that he got us to Lake Chabot WAY before dark and we followed him every inch of the way.  Well, except when he mistakenly took the road to the rifle range.  We stayed on course and waved. [;)]

gsm x2

Red neff BarchettaOh and good thing we did---my eyeballs were floating.....just made it to the nearest porta-Gump, shoved a female bicyclist out of the way.....and ...... ahhhh.

Never would have made it if we had to back up while under fire.

gsm x2

Nick

moderator1Hey everyone,
 I called and let the campground know that some of us will be arriving on Thursday.  When you arrive just let them know you are with the NNC group.  Don t pay for the site though otherwise you ll get hit with the full price.  I will just add the extra night onto your total and you will get the group rate.

-Mike

Surfcal

Red neff BarchettaNick:

Way to go.  You are the epitomy of a good Wagonmaster taking care of all the pioneers and their wagons.  You have hay rides going, group rates... you got it going man.

When Sammyslave and I score oysters, I m getting some extra ones for you.  Just let those thangs slide down your throat and chase it with some Michigan vinegar, I mean wine and life is good.

Surfcal

Nick

Red neff BarchettaSo are we going to make a trip to the Oster farm on Friday?

Surfcal

Red neff BarchettaNick, when are you getting there?

According to Sammyslave, we will leave at 10:05 on Friday AM.  We clocked travel time from the campground to the gates of Johnson s Oyter Farm at 17.5 minutes, which will give us enough time to go there and come back in time to serve it for lunch on Friday at about noon.

You follow?

Surfcal

Ab Diver

Red neff BarchettaHey, hey, hey! Under no circumstances are you to partake in a oyster roundup without my full participation. Uh, wait, we won t be able to leave until Friday afternoon, then a couple hours or so to get there. Drat, guess you ll have to go without me. Grrr..... That sounds like my kind of sport: Herding Oysters and rounding them up at an Oyster farm. So-- do they have a fire going, with hot irons to brand the wiley mollusks? And like the " Bronco Busters"  of old, I guess the guys who break in the wild ones are called " Oyster Busters" , eh?

" Get alooooong, little doggies, get aloooong.... Easy boys, don t spook  em, or we ll have us a stampede on our hands."

... drifting back to reality...

Ok, just got done putting the " bike-hauling"  platform back on the truck s rack. Anybody else bringing bikes?

Colin

Red neff BarchettaHello Nick-Neff-Cough Campers!!!

Many apologizes for taking so long to join the group, but hey, we re here! And so I see a rally this weekend but is it too late to jump in?

Chelsea and I hope all you awesome PU campers are well and we look forward to seeing the group again soon. We miss everyone and we can t wait to resume our position in the tribe as the lowly ground dwellers. How do you put up with such low-tech, unsophisticated people like us?

We ll check in again soon. Take care.

Much Love,
 Colin and Chelsea

g-whiz

Colin&Chelsea

QuoteORIGINAL:  Colin&Chelsea

Hello Nick-Neff-Cough Campers!!!

Many apologizes for taking so long to join the group, but hey, we re here! And so I see a rally this weekend but is it too late to jump in?

Chelsea and I hope all you awesome PU campers are well and we look forward to seeing the group again soon. We miss everyone and we can t wait to resume our position in the tribe as the lowly ground dwellers. How do you put up with such low-tech, unsophisticated people like us?

We ll check in again soon. Take care.

Much Love,
 Colin and Chelsea

It s NEVER to late (something I ve learned over time) and I used to resemble one of those lowly ground dwellers.  Been there, done that, and with open arms welcome you two into the fold!  How do WE put up with you?  How do YOU put up with us???? [;)]  Btw, you made it into the Hall of Fame Scrapbook!  It will be nice to see you two.

gsm x2

Red neff BarchettaWelcome Colin and Welcome Dru,

It s nice to see that you would STILL JOIN US....you are among the elite you know.  Those who have camped with us BEFORE joining us.  Course it took you a month...what s that mean???  Guess it means that your memories are longer than mine....took you a whole four weeks to FORGET the bad things, like say, " This group just doesn t give ZOOM it s proper respect."   It s ok, you get use to it.  The two of you and Holly and I can sneak off into the night and figure out if there are any THREE CONSECUTIVE ZOOMS outside of the 70 s.

gsm x2

g-whiz

gsm x2
QuoteThe two of you and Holly and I can sneak off into the night and figure out if there are any THREE CONSECUTIVE ZOOMS outside of the 70 s.

Zoom, zoom, zoom!