RE: Nick-Neff-Cough website (Northern California)

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 15, 2003, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizMichelle -
 Welcome!!!
 I am currently making a mad scramble to the finish line on Wed. afternoon regarding work so I can fully enjoy this w/e.  So, I can t babble on and on this week.  (Be quiet everybody!)
 You already are settling in nicely with this group.
 Camping Geek just logs on as " Guest"  and as long as it s not an annoyance to you, you might do just that also.
 There is also the little used NNC-Yahoo site that you can get directions to on the NNC site links area (I think).  It s mostly used for emergency backup to PUT.  You have to get a " membership" , but it s FREE.
 Hope to meet you (in person) in Tahoe!

pcmom

Red neff BarchettaHello Everyone,

I went ahead and bought the Arvee membership, so I guess I am " official"  now :-)  It looks like we should have our Van back on Thursday so we were seriously considering coming to the rally this weekend; however, the kids were not to happy that they would be missing the local county fair.  So, it looks like we are going to the fair instead of camping :-(  Oh well, even though they are young they are definitely rollercoaster loving boys - unfortuantely my husband isn t so I have to ride all the " fun!"  rides with my oldest son - he is just dying to try the zipper this year - guess I better not eat anything before that (him neither!).

Anyway, I look forward to talking to everyone via the forum and we are going to plan on making it to Tahoe.

SactoCampers

pcmom
QuoteORIGINAL:  pcmom

Hello Everyone,

I went ahead and bought the Arvee membership, so I guess I am " official"  now :-)  It looks like we should have our Van back on Thursday so we were seriously considering coming to the rally this weekend; however, the kids were not to happy that they would be missing the local county fair.  So, it looks like we are going to the fair instead of camping :-(  Oh well, even though they are young they are definitely rollercoaster loving boys - unfortuantely my husband isn t so I have to ride all the " fun!"  rides with my oldest son - he is just dying to try the zipper this year - guess I better not eat anything before that (him neither!).

Anyway, I look forward to talking to everyone via the forum and we are going to plan on making it to Tahoe.

Welcome to PopUPTimes and Nick-Neff-Cough! [:)]

Michelle, I was about to suggest you do both, but I forgot you re 3 hours north of Sac. You must be in Redding(?). We d still love it if you made the executive mom decision to head on down to the rally. The kids just might forget about the fair when they see umpteen other kids to play with in the pool. [:D]. The fair comes every year....but there s only ONE " Gold Rush Rally."  [;)][8D].

Have fun with whatever you decide to do [:D].

SactoCampersPlus the Placer County Fair is in Roseville this weekend.  So a dropping by on the way Friday would fill the need for coaster rides.  And depending if you come down 99 or 5, you can hit 65 and you re there.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

ps Welcome Michelle.  Nice shots of Burney Falls.  We loved that campground and plan on doing it again.  We were there on the 4th of July last year and had plenty of space.

6Quigs

pcmom
Quotethey are young they are definitely rollercoaster loving boys - unfortuantely my husband isn t

pcdad needs to take charge here.
 If he doesn t like Rollercoaster rides, [: (]
 then he should pack up the family and the nice new Tahoe Lite 19DT
 and head on down to the Gold Rush Rally,
 where he can sit around the campfire,
 drink beer with the guys,[:D][;)]
 while the boys run wild with the 40 other kids that are coming.[:o]
 We ll show him all the modifications we ve done to our trailers,
 and teach him all there is to know about black and grey water,
 WDH s, propane, 12 volt systems.....
 and we get to check out your Tahoe.
 Does that Hybrid really have a 72"  wide bed???[:)]

OC Campers

Red neff BarchettaWelcome Michelle (pcmom)

We are from the Southern part of the state but hope to be Northern by September or October.   So here s a BIG hello brom NNC/SCC.  Hope you change your mind and head down to the rally.  We have been looking forward to this rally for a VERY long time and would love to meet as many people as we can.  Where else can you camp with 35 other families and have a fabulous time.?!!  You won t believe all the food and talk that goes on at one of these weekend getaways.

Well again welcome.

Jacqui

OC CampersOC Campers - In your relocation efforts have you checked out the http://www.sacbee.com/content/home/ .  It has a search that allows you to look at the various housing prices in the Sacramento area.

Also look at the community pages for a feel of the various regions of Sacramento.
 http://www.sacbee.com/content/community_news/

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

OC Campers

Red neff BarchettaThanks Campinggeek, that Sacbee website has a lot of useful info.  I think we have narrowed our city search to Roseville and Rocklin.

Jacqui

gsm x2

pcmom
QuoteAnyway, I look forward to talking to everyone via the forum and we are going to plan on making it to Tahoe.

Run PCMom, Run.  G-Whiz is playing the NNC Orientation (Brain-washing tape) over and over and over and over again.  I am now more convinced than ever that this is a cult.....a cult-a-PUT to be exact.

And whatever you do, don t trust anything Civil War Buff says.  The man just lives to die and make a screaking noise.

But you can trust me.....Welcome aboard.  See you in Tahoe.

gsm x2

OC CampersDon t know if you are the church going type but if you are I have a couple friends that go to the big one on Harding Blvd up from the Costco.  They both have kids around the age of your oldest.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

Calstate361

Red neff BarchettaJon, is the church the one behind the Wal-Mart?  My Step-son (and his family) go to that one.  We live in North Highlands which is about 15 minutes from Roseville.  My Step-son also lives in the old part of Roseville so we are there in town quite often.

Cottonwooder, talk to us more for little insights about different areas in Sacramento.  I grew up in South Sacramento, but have lived in various parts and Sal grew up in Roseville, so we could be a pretty good source for you.  We might even be able to discuss some of the schools.

Look forward to seeing/meeting both of you.

Joan

Calstate361

Red neff BarchettaOOOPPPSSS, got the wrong name in my last note.  I meant OC Campers, not Cottonwooder.  Sorry!

Joan

pcmom

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Michelle, I was about to suggest you do both, but I forgot you re 3 hours north of Sac. You must be in Redding(?). We d still love it if you made the executive mom decision to head on down to the rally. The kids just might forget about the fair when they see umpteen other kids to play with in the pool.

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Yes, we are in Redding.  So how far is Plymouth from Redding?  I am working on the " bribery"  aspect with the kids - " let s go to the State Fair or to Marine World instead of the local fair and go camping this weekend"  - it seems to be working........However, it s looking like we won t have our van back from the shop until tomorrow - should we trust it to make another long towing drive???

pcmom

QuoteAnd depending if you come down 99 or 5, you can hit 65 and you re there.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

ps Welcome Michelle.  Nice shots of Burney Falls.  We loved that campground and plan on doing it again.  We were there on the 4th of July last year and had plenty of space.

Hello Jon,

If we are able to come it will be via I-5 but we won t know till tonight now if we are able to make it :-(   Thanks for the comments on Burney Falls.  The water was high and running fast.  We didn t stay at the campground there but at one in Hat Creek which was really nice.  So since you ve been up in this neck of the woods, what do you think about having a rally up this direction....would it be too far for most to travel too?  Maybe I could even do part of the planning :-)

pcmom

6Quigs

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

pcdad needs to take charge here.

while the boys run wild with the 40 other kids that are coming.[:o]

We ll show him all the modifications we ve done to our trailers,
 and teach him all there is to know about black and grey water,
 WDH s, propane, 12 volt systems.....
 and we get to check out your Tahoe.
 Does that Hybrid really have a 72"  wide bed???[:)]

Hello 6Quigs,

Well PCdad is hesitant about coming with just getting the van back from the shop (that s IF we get it back tomorrow), we would hate to have to have it towed home 200 miles with the trailer too (see last weekends picture:  http://www.pbase.com/image/17839857 )

Modifications to our trailer - not many YET - but I did just pick up a 1000W Xantrex Power Inverter from Costco yesterday for $70!  And yes, the queen bed is 80" x74"  - but the mattress isn t very comfortable.  We are looking at either getting the egg crates or an Aero bed.

Hopefully we can make it this weekend....