RE: Nick-Neff-Cough website (Northern California)

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 15, 2003, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcmomPCmom,

Plymouth is about 30-45 minutes east of Sacramento along 16 then 49.  Coming from north, I would take 5 to 50 west to Sunrise Blvd south to 16 east to 49 then south.  Mapquest has you taking Watt Ave South instead of Sunrise and depending what time you hit Sacramento (5-7pm, east bound is total traffic),  the sooner you get off 50 the better.  Local traffic radio is 1530AM.
 Is  the van under warranty? 16 gets a little windy past Rancho Murietta for anout 2-3 miles then straightens out and widens but no big deal and there is a pretty good downhill from 16 to Plymouth but it is only about 2 miles.

As for the rally up north,  some of these folks ran to Fort Bragg for a w/e, and I believe a southern most member did back to backs, one So Cal rally to go directly to Fort Bragg.  Burney Falls/Lassen are beautiful areas and  there is plenty of side trips so I think a proposal would get some positive feedback.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

Nick

pcmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  pcmom

QuoteAnd depending if you come down 99 or 5, you can hit 65 and you re there.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

ps Welcome Michelle.  Nice shots of Burney Falls.  We loved that campground and plan on doing it again.  We were there on the 4th of July last year and had plenty of space.

Hello Jon,

If we are able to come it will be via I-5 but we won t know till tonight now if we are able to make it :-(   Thanks for the comments on Burney Falls.  The water was high and running fast.  We didn t stay at the campground there but at one in Hat Creek which was really nice.  So since you ve been up in this neck of the woods, what do you think about having a rally up this direction....would it be too far for most to travel too?  Maybe I could even do part of the planning :-)

pcmom,
 Did you stay at Herfford Ranch in Hat Creek?  Our family stays there every August.  I ll be there in a little over a month.  I told these guys about it but no takers yet.

Cottonwooder

SactoCampersYou may already be aware of it, but it s new to me, so am posting.  

What happened to our big, red buttons at the top of our Web page?  My sister asked what NNC means and :::hanging head in shame::: I don t know the full acronym without looking it up, so I looked today.  Buttons are gone.

While I m at it, that s a lovely photo of the silhouettes at water side.  Hope it always remains on that front page.

SactoCampers

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

You may already be aware of it, but it s new to me, so am posting.  

What happened to our big, red buttons at the top of our Web page?  My sister asked what NNC means and :::hanging head in shame::: I don t know the full acronym without looking it up, so I looked today.  Buttons are gone.

While I m at it, that s a lovely photo of the silhouettes at water side.  Hope it always remains on that front page.

Mike (Nick) is working on the buttons.

6Quigs

Cottonwooder
QuoteWhile I m at it, that s a lovely photo of the silhouettes at water side. Hope it always remains on that front page.
Likewise, I hope it remains.
 but what about the photo on the bottom, the group photo at Lake Chabot.
 Why is that there?? as I m not in that photo[:o]

Cottonwooder

6QuigsBeen lagging on my Bylaw duties... FLIP!

Yes, Kevin, that s a lovely picture of you and.... who is the other man?

OC Campers

Red neff BarchettaPC mom,  the picture of your Safari on the tow truck and the tow truck towing the trailer is SOOOOO sad.  I guess afterwards you can look back and chuckle but I am sure it didn t make for a pleasant trip.  Hopefully,  everything is going well with the van now.

Jacqui

SactoCampersHello, I was reccomended to this site by a user from another site. We are from Reno and are new campers.

We just completed our very first overnighter with our 2004 Palomino Filly. Although I have been a tent camper in the past, my wife and son have never even slept in a sleeping bag, let alone camped. We took our little Filly up to  Donner Lake State Park. Had a great weekend, learned a few lessons and our ready to head back out.

I m looking forward to hearing more about Northern California camping and stories.

2002 Exploder
 2004 Palomoino Filly
 Dad, Mom and Son

g-whiz

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Hello, I was reccomended to this site by a user from another site. We are from Reno and are new campers.

We just completed our very first overnighter with our 2004 Palomino Filly. Although I have been a tent camper in the past, my wife and son have never even slept in a sleeping bag, let alone camped. We took our little Filly up to  Donner Lake State Park. Had a great weekend, learned a few lessons and our ready to head back out.

I m looking forward to hearing more about Northern California camping and stories.

2002 Exploder
 2004 Palomoino Filly
 Dad, Mom and Son

Welcome Dad, Mom & Son!!  For more info on NNC go here:

http://www.nick-neff-cough.org/

Perhaps you will be able to join us for an upcoming event.  Believe me, there is never a dull moment at an NNC Rally!  

SactoCampers

GuestWelcome Dad, Mom, and Son [:D]

I have the equivalent of a 1999 Filly-SC so if you have any questions, just shoot them my way. Also have family in Reno/Tahoe and occasionally head to Graeagle area to camp, though we haven t recently. As G-Whiz noted, our website will give you lots of information about the group and you can look at pictures and info from our previous rallies on the " Membership"  page.

SactoCampersDad, Mom and Son aka bktstrong;

Glad you found this site.  
 I mentioned NNC to bktstrong over on PUX.  

As you figured out, as guest you can post on the Camping Club forum but nowhere else on PUT.  You can buy a membership which I found will be helpful when it come to the Rally forum. Speaking of which you may want to read the Gold Rush Welcome Home ( http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=34040&p=1&tmode=1 ) to get a feel for these folks. I m really sorry we missed it.

Glad to hear the maiden voyage went well.  How did the Explorer haul the Palomino?  

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon
 99 Utah behind 03 1500HD (Formerly Jeep Cherokee)

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Dad, Mom and Son aka bktstrong;

Glad you found this site.  
 I mentioned NNC to bktstrong over on PUX.  

As you figured out, as guest you can post on the Camping Club forum but nowhere else on PUT.  You can buy a membership which I found will be helpful when it come to the Rally forum. Speaking of which you may want to read the Gold Rush Welcome Home ( http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=34040&p=1&tmode=1 ) to get a feel for these folks. I m really sorry we missed it.

Glad to hear the maiden voyage went well.  How did the Explorer haul the Palomino?  

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon
 99 Utah behind 03 1500HD (Formerly Jeep Cherokee)

I just found that thread. Sounds like it s the exact same popup as mine.

BKT, I assume you purchased yours at Sprad s RV in Reno? How did you like them as a dealer? Local Palomino dealer here in Sac is bad news.

Also, your back may be more tolerant, but I recommend you put a couple king-sized egg crate mattresses on the front bunk. It will make the mattress much more comfortable and helps with insulation.

I also have a PVC grey water system that I designed specifically four our Palominos (actually mine s a Tracker but it s a twin). You can find it here:

http://sactocampers.tripod.com/sactocamperswebpage/id17.html

It s cheap, easy, and sealed....which is a requirement in Plumas county IIRC. Or so says the owner of one of the campgrounds up near Graeagle.

FWIW, your Explorer should have no problem at all towing the Filly. Your filly should weigh right around 2300 lbs. We tow with our Chrysler Town & Country and don t have any problems maintaining highway speed over Donner Pass.

Like I said, if you have any other question regarding your Palomino, just let me know.

CottonwooderCampinggeek,
 The Explorer aka Exploder (which my wife calls it) pulled this trailer so easy I didn t know it was there. Half the time I had to look and see if it was heading back down I-80. I do have a V8 with a class II towing package which makes pulling alot easier.

GuestI forgot the other benefit of membership.....you don t have to keep typing your name every time[:@][;)].

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

6Quigs

Cottonwooder
QuoteYes, Kevin, that s a lovely picture of you and.... who is the other man?

I think his name is Scott [&:]