RE: " Reyes the Roof Again" Rally - Feb. 27 - 29

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Sep 24, 2003, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

Thanks Nick,    See you on Thursday

6Quigs

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaIs this the type of sweet nothings you whisper into Michelle's ear Mike?!   :D
Now Neff,
Just because you are married to a science teacher and the only way you know to get her excited is to read articles from science magazines on the size of birds brains, or the diets of farm animals!! ;)  ;)

calstate360

Quote from: otterI understand tarps and rope, but what are totes and what are they for_ Dah

Grey water totes, the blue tanks for the sink water. :)
Sal

towrod

Quote from: Ab DiverNow these are chances I can live with. The weather pattern a couple days ago pretty much suggested we start rounding up all the animals two by two.

Our odds are IMPROVING!  
Just a 10% chance of rain on Saturday :D
http://www.weatherunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=94950&hourly=1&yday=58&weekday=Saturday

Remember that this is only because everyone is planning on bringing all their tarps and e-z ups!  If you don't bring your gear it is sure to rain. ;)

BY ALL MEANS NO ONE IS TO WASH THEIR CARS THIS WEEK!!!

Unregistered

Quote from: otterThanks Nick,    See you on Thursday

towrod

Quote from: UnregisteredI called the CG and you're all set up.  By the way they said anyone can arrive on thurs as sites are open.

Nick, Did you pull an Otter while responding to Otter? ;)

FWIW heres links to Point Reyes National Seashore
http://www.nps.gov/pore/visit.htm

and the shuttle service to the lighthouse and chimney rock
http://www.nps.gov/pore/events/shuttle.htm
It may not be running if the weather is too stormy:(

We're getting excited... it's been too long - Tahoe Valley was our last trip.

Calstate361

Towrod, you thing you're getting excited, we haven't been camping since October (Collins Lake) when we are used to camping, at least, once a month!

You know it's time for camping when we are getting things ready, lining stuff up to put into the trailer and Sal has grown another appendage.  ;)  Buddy (our big dog) following him everywhere like he is attached to Sal's B--T!  He does not want to be left at home (of course he won't be) nor will he allow us to leave him at home.  Yesterday, after I got home from work, I was out in the garage talking with Sal and I could hear Buddy running from the garage door to the front door and back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...
Buddy loves to go camping.  We can't even say "camping" or he gets excited.  We have to say the "C" word so he won't know what we are talking about.   And they say animals don't understand us!   HA!

I can't wait......

ONE MORE DAY!    YEA

Joan

Clueless in Sacremento

Quote from: otterThanks Nick,    See you on Thursday

Nick

Yup that was me.  I pulled an Otter replying to Otter.

Can't wait to go!  I spent hours on Saturday cleaning mildew of the canvas.  It got wet when Michele and I went to Chabot and kept raining so we could not dry it out.  Had to do some new waterproofing too.  The heavy duty Scotch Guard works well.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Another guy who's going to give Jeff all of his beer tokensNow Neff,
Just because you are married to a science teacher and the only way you know to get her excited is to read articles from science magazines on the size of birds brains, or the diets of farm animals!! ;)  ;)
Nothing better than the reaction you get when mixing chemicals.   :D  ;)

Red neff Barchetta

Well, the Fantastic Vent was installed today and it looks terrific!  They did a great job and it fit exactly where I wanted it to go.  That is between the door tracks in the ceiling.  Perfect spot for the Utah layout.  Can't wait to give it a good tryout at Olema.

So I inspected the work when I picked it up and cranked up by hand as the drill is home charging.  Damn, I forgot how many turns it takes to raise a Fleetwood roof, lol!   :(

gsm x2

24-hours from right now we are scheduled to be hooking up our camper so I can drive down to a 7:00 p.m. Board Meeting.  Now here's the hitch from the Sheriff's Office of Emergency Services.

WINTER STORM WATCH
HIGH WIND WATCH
COASTAL FLOOD WATCH
FLASH FLOOD WATCH

Currently, the storm is expected to begin affecting Ventura County tomorrow evening, with winds in excess of 50 mph possible.  Rainfall rates in advance of the main frontal passage are forecast to exceed our local warning criteria (1/2 inch/hour or 1 inch in 3 hours).  The storm has generated very high seas, which are anticipated to be around 20 feet on south and west-facing beaches, possibly causing local coastal flooding.  Normally we see 3-4 hours of intense rains with a winter storm;  this one appears to have in excess of 8 hours of intense rain.  The main front will pass over the County near sunrise on Thursday.  Total amounts currently forecast are for 3-4 inches on the coast and in the valleys, with 4-8 inches forecast for south-facing mountain slopes .

So, the bottom line is that Scott's self-preservation instinct is growing as he ages, so he probably is not going to get on the road towing a pop-up heading into the raging storm. Looks like the storm will pass through quickly, so a 5:00 a.m. departure Thursday morning is in order.

gsm x2

Scott

Ab Diver

QuoteNormally we see 3-4 hours of intense rains with a winter storm; this one appears to have in excess of 8 hours of intense rain.

Scott, if I wuz you, I'd get the heck outta Dodge sooner than later. Like-- tonight. Sounds like you got a helluva-lotta water getting ready to come down.

Then again, maybe not.... We're battening down the hatches here as well-- s'pozed to get hammered tomorrow, but hard.

Figured I wouldn't get a chance for my lunchtime run tomorrow, so I got in 5.43 miles today on my lunch hour. (gotta luv GPS!) I'll run extra hard Thursday, so I can justify sampling Rod's Red and whatever else happens to be fillling a mug all weekend long. See, us guys can justify anything! ;)

Do the Northern Contingent of the Ha-Ha's need any vino? My Bro gave me some Ho-Made red stuff, and it's pretty good.(He's the celler-master for a local winery) Plus, since y'all got rid of all the real Ho's, they won't be needin' it. Lemme know if I should load it with the firewood, propane, and other body-warming materials.

zymomyz

Quote from: PT BarnumWell, the Fantastic Vent was installed today and it looks terrific! They did a great job and it fit exactly where I wanted it to go. That is between the door tracks in the ceiling. Perfect spot for the Utah layout. Can't wait to give it a good tryout at Olema.

What'er ya' tryin' to do, build up the mod tour entry fee  :D  :D

Quote from: Whimpy-girly-boySo I inspected the work when I picked it up and cranked up by hand as the drill is home charging. Damn, I forgot how many turns it takes to raise a Fleetwood roof, lol!

You're gettin' soft fer a young fella'  ;)

zymomyz

Quote from: Marathon DaveDo the Northern Contingent of the Ha-Ha's need any vino? My Bro gave me some Ho-Made red stuff, and it's pretty good.(He's the celler-master for a local winery) Plus, since y'all got rid of all the real Ho's, they won't be needin' it. Lemme know if I should load it with the firewood, propane, and other body-warming materials.

Does a bear shhhhh... err, go number 2 in the woods  :D  ;)