"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Mike/Nick -
You caught me as I was almost out the door.
Glad to hear we will have a chef!!  Er, I mean very cool that you guys are coming!!!   :)
Send it to my regular address.  I'd give you my super-secret-high-security address, but then, well, you know the rest.   :D

However Mr. NNC website man, you get the other side of the cg unless you change "Napa" to "Kenwood".
That's all I need is to hear someone annoyed with me Friday night as they explain how they first headed over to Napa looking for SugarLoaf!   :D  :(

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: SurfcalYay, "it's gonna be a ralleee, it's gonna be a ralleee."

You know what that means Neff, a "LIST!!!"

-  Neff -  Tofuco
-  Champ521 - Glowsticks
-  6Quigs - Turkey Fryer

Surfcal

A list?!!!   Nnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!   :eek:
I have enough lists in my life.  At work I use lists to organize other lists.   :(

Ok, ok, Ray is in charge of the lists.   ;)

SactoCampers

Quote from: SurfcalZee-MON...

I am in my Reggae mood. "I wanna luv ya, and treet you ryt." I have my Bob Marley on and I am "jammin" and "steering it op." Even with the stereo full blast, I hear you loud and clear now.

"Get up and Stand up."

See you latah Mon.

Surfcal
"three little birds"

"exeeeeeeeedus, movement of jah peeple"

"buffalo soldier, dreadlock rasta"

"I remember when we used to meet, in the government yard... no woman no cry"

I "loaned" my Legend to my nephew a couple years ago and haven't seen it since. In college I wrote a paper on Robert Nesta Marley and read "Catch a Fire", a Bob Marley biography. Interesting life he lived.

Almighty God is a living man! Long live Rastafari!

Bring the disc to the rally.

Surfcal

Quote from: SactoCampers"three little birds"

"exeeeeeeeedus, movement of jah peeple"

I "loaned" my Legend to my nephew a couple years ago and haven't seen it since. In college I wrote a paper on Robert Nesta Marley and read "Catch a Fire", a Bob Marley biography. Interesting life he lived.

Almighty God is a living man! Long live Rastafari!

Bring the disc to the rally.

You got it Mon.

Surfcal

P.S.  Nick, stop trying to hijack this thread to talk about Call of the Wild rally related stuff, it's inappropriate.

Red neff Barchetta

I had to come back to the office.
I forgot to read my list reminding me to grab my other list that lists all of the things I need to do today.

Anyway, here's my updated list on attendee's;

7 1/2 PU's
&
2 Hybrid's

Now, where's that list .............

abbear

Jeff - not sure if you have had a chance to check yet but the Ferguson Observatory will be open on Saturday the 17th for both solar and night sky viewing.

More info here:

http://www.rfo.org/

Unregistered

Just spent a great weekend at Sugarloaf...saw lots of wildflowers, deer, stars, and was told of some rattlesnake sightings.  We asked the campground host about saving sites and they said that as long as people have "paid reservations", those of us arriving early on Friday can check-in for them and they will put an "occupied" sign on the site.  We just need to tell them the names and which site numbers each will be taking.  That's it!  No need to "sweet talk" the rangers!  

Loretta

Red neff Barchetta

Allan -
Thanks for the link.  I had forgotten to put it in the initial post.  It is good to see that it will be open that night!

Loretta -
Glad you had a great time!
Also good to hear that the rangers were receptive to the idea.  They are always very nice whenever we go and I wasn't too concerned, but being nice does always help.
Rattlesnakes don't bother me, it's the aggresive raccoons at Del Valle that freak me out!  Or maybe that's Larry/CWB's raccoon mating call?
I've got a few batch of sites in mind for possible good blocks for us.  Which site were you in btw?  I've got to remember that not everyone has a bathroom so I'm trying to think in terms of sites closer to the cg bathrooms.  We usually stay as far as possible from them, but will have to change that thinking for this w/e.

Nick

This is going to a bit different for us at this rally.  I have school up in SF on Friday and  I don't want to drive all the way back to S'vale just to turn around and head in the same direction.  So, Michele is going to drive the trailer up to the park on Friday morning then I will join you all when I get out of school.  Michele has never towed before so I'm going to hook up the PU this weekend and let her do some practice.  She drove a 24 foot U-haul towing a Jeep from CA to AZ before so I'm not to paraniod.:)

Red neff Barchetta

Mike -
That's a good decision.  She'll do fine!
As long as she doesn't arrive between 2:00 & 4:00 when I'm off picking up the family I'll be able to give her a hand setting up if she'd like.
This could be a first btw.  The first time your PU has ever seen daylight while being set-up that is.   :)

champ521

Quote from: NickThis is going to a bit different for us at this rally.  I have school up in SF on Friday and  I don't want to drive all the way back to S'vale just to turn around and head in the same direction.  So, Michele is going to drive the trailer up to the park on Friday morning then I will join you all when I get out of school.  Michele has never towed before so I'm going to hook up the PU this weekend and let her do some practice.  She drove a 24 foot U-haul towing a Jeep from CA to AZ before so I'm not to paraniod.:)

We should be there early on Friday also. If she needs a hand backing in or whatever I'll be glad to help. Just make sure you're up on your insurance.

champ521

Quote from: 6QuigsChamp..Dogless & kidless....the last time that happened, you spent most of the weekend in your trailer :eek:
Remember, when it gets dark, we'll be sending all the kids over to your trailer for their glow sticks ;)

Kevin-
If the PU's rocking when you send the kids over, it's probably just me fumbling around in the dark looking for the glow sticks. :D

zymomyz

Quote from: champ521Kevin-
If the PU's rocking when you send the kids over, it's probably just me fumbling around in the dark looking for the glow sticks. :D

And it won't be helped at all by that fact that someone went and raised all your stablizers  :eek:  :rolleyes:  :D

SCCS

Quote from: NickSo, Michele is going to drive the trailer up to the park on Friday morning then I will join you all when I get out of school.  Michele has never towed before so I'm going to hook up the PU this weekend and let her do some practice.

Then the next thing you know she'll have camp all set up. Mike, all you will have to do is sit back and enjoy a cold one. :D

Surfcal

Quote from: SCCSThen the next thing you know she'll have camp all set up. Mike, all you will have to do is sit back and enjoy a cold one. :D

Nick:

I see where you're going with this.  I see the big picture now.  Man, you're a lot more shrewed than I ever gave you credit for.  And if it's timed right, you can even get Neff to get it setup for you!  Brilliant Watson.

Surfcal