"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: SCCSThen the next thing you know she'll have camp all set up. Mike, all you will have to do is sit back and enjoy a cold one. :D

this sounds familiar!

Hybrid Holly

Unregistered

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAllan -
Thanks for the link.  I had forgotten to put it in the initial post.  It is good to see that it will be open that night!

Loretta -
Glad you had a great time!
Also good to hear that the rangers were receptive to the idea.  They are always very nice whenever we go and I wasn't too concerned, but being nice does always help.
Rattlesnakes don't bother me, it's the aggresive raccoons at Del Valle that freak me out!  Or maybe that's Larry/CWB's raccoon mating call?
I've got a few batch of sites in mind for possible good blocks for us.  Which site were you in btw?  I've got to remember that not everyone has a bathroom so I'm trying to think in terms of sites closer to the cg bathrooms.  We usually stay as far as possible from them, but will have to change that thinking for this w/e.

Jeff-
We had site 50 (the only one on the inside of the meadow).  It's nice if you like a lot of sun in the am, but shade in the afternoon.  Plus the kids feel like they have an endless frontyard to play in.

As far as a block of sites goes, the 40's, including upper 30's and #50 are the closest 10 together.  They have flush-bathrooms up the hill in the middle.  We're among the toilet-deprived, so this is a concern to us.  Also, most of them have the longest, level driveways and a good combination a filtered sun/shade.  Nice if it's as hot as it was this past w/e!

Loretta

Red neff Barchetta

I was thinking somewhere between 32 - 44.   We also like the shade on that side of the loop.  Plus the kids like to climb the boulders & rocks behind those sites.  1 - 12 are all pretty exposed with the sun beating down on them most of the day, although you do get quite an awesome sight of the mountain behind the sites across the meadow and you do have the creek running behind you.
Funny story about sites 48 & 49 - Almost (literally) every time we stay at SugarLoaf (which is quite often) there are 2 PU's (A Niagara & a Monterey IIRC) with retired folks in them.  They drive over from Auburn regularly they love SugarLoaf that much.  We just laugh & say hello now when we see each other.  Why they like to be next to the entarnce/exit to the cg is beyond me though.

I think we'll just have to make the call on Friday morning regarding sites when we arrive.

We can't wait for this coming w/e.  My DW even wants me to bring home the PU a night early so we can get the camping feel going around here.  Olema seems like 2 months ago for some reason.  It was only a few weeks ago, lol!

Unregistered

That's funny about the retired couples!  We've never seen them, but then I really haven't paid that much attention.  We'll be there again on the 26th-28th.  We are there almost every other weekend in Mar-Apr.  Most of Mike's (my husband) tax clients are in Santa Rosa, so while he's working, I'm hanging out at Sugarloaf with the kids and he joins me Sat. evening.

Loretta

Red neff Barchetta

I think we're around that w/e.  Maybe we'll come up and say hello.
Yeah, I'm a PU-aholic so I'm always checking out other PU's.

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaI think we're around that w/e.  Maybe we'll come up and say hello.
Yeah, I'm a PU-aholic so I'm always checking out other PU's.

Once again Jeff is the master of under statement  :D

Red neff Barchetta

Hey, just (FantasticVent) 'cause a guy (BAL Leveler) eats, (grey water-tote) sleeps, & drinks (Dauber screen) PU's doesn't (Fresh water transfer system) mean he isn't (solar covers) just like (12 volt usage) any other (fridge exhaust fan) normal person (Lexan window) does it?

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaHey, just (FantasticVent) 'cause a guy (BAL Leveler) eats, (grey water-tote) sleeps, & drinks (Dauber screen) PU's doesn't (Fresh water transfer system) mean he isn't (solar covers) just like (12 volt usage) any other (fridge exhaust fan) normal person (Lexan window) does it?

LOL !!!

Hey did you see  my recent exchange with ngatel and chuckS about battery monitors ? Too much, I happened across one of thos Xantrex Link 10 battery monitors for $129.00 on ebay (buy it now) with free shipping. The list price is $229.00. I couldn't resist it. I've got mods stacked up on my list now:

access door
battery monitor
grey water drain/tote (like Oz, what else  :D )

No time for camping I've got mods to make...  :D

SCCS

Quote from: zymomyzI couldn't resist it. I've got mods stacked up on my list now:

access door
battery monitor
grey water drain/tote (like Oz, what else  :D )

No time for camping I've got mods to make...  :D

Hey Z, you just said a couple of my favorite phrases. :D  Us MOD brothers have to stick together through these tough times. Looking foward to seeing your mods at sugerloaf.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Bad influenceI happened across one of thos Xantrex Link 10 battery monitors for $129.00 on ebay (BUY IT NOW Jeff) with free shipping.
I'm off to ebay now.

Btw, get going man!  You should never let mod's. get stacked up like that.

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaI'm off to ebay now.

Btw, get going man!  You should never let mod's. get stacked up like that.

Yes, you might run into the chance that you'll have outdated mods before a mod is applied, in which case, you'll be penalized heavily by the Mod Squad.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Sad.
The Xantrex (sounds like an allergy medicine) is gone.  You must have got the last one at that price.

zymomyz

Quote from: SurfcalYes, you might run into the chance that you'll have outdated mods before a mod is applied, in which case, you'll be penalized heavily by the Mod Squad.

Heavens no !!! :eek:

Nick

Quote from: SurfcalNick:

I see where you're going with this. I see the big picture now. Man, you're a lot more shrewed than I ever gave you credit for. And if it's timed right, you can even get Neff to get it setup for you! Brilliant Watson.

Surfcal
Don't give away my secret plan's!:D

6Quigs

Quote from: NickDon't give away my secret plan's!:D
WAIT!

Isn't Nick's popup a Jayco?

We would all love to help Michelle set it up,
but we all own Coleman's, and have never set up a Jayco before.
Even Neff's handy dandy cordless drill won't work on a Jayco.
Now a Viking, that's a different matter. We did set up Otter's at Snug, but a Jayco, sorry, Michelle will have to do it all on her own. ;)