"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

champ521

Quote from: 6QuigsWAIT!

Isn't Nick's popup a Jayco?

We would all love to help Michelle set it up,
but we all own Coleman's, and have never set up a Jayco before.
Even Neff's handy dandy cordless drill won't work on a Jayco.
Now a Viking, that's a different matter. We did set up Otter's at Snug, but a Jayco, sorry, Michelle will have to do it all on her own. ;)

Sounds pretty funny coming from a hard-sider.

zymomyz

Quote from: champ521Sounds pretty funny coming from a hard-sider.

Now,  now, Dave. Let's go easy on Kevin he's still suffering separation anxiety from his Niagara  :D

champ521

Jeff-
What's the current count and who are they?

Ray-
How's the potluck list coming?

towrod

Looks like a great rally in the making and I wish we could make it :(
While you folks are having a walk on the wild side I will be power washing and prepping the house for new paint.  

At least I will be able to relax with a good homebrew when the job is done. :D

Jeff - the housepainters you were going to line up for me never showed :rolleyes:

zymomyz

Quote from: towrodLooks like a great rally in the making and I wish we could make it :(
While you folks are having a walk on the wild side I will be power washing and prepping the house for new paint.  

At least I will be able to relax with a good homebrew when the job is done. :D

Jeff - the housepainters you were going to line up for me never showed :rolleyes:

Rod,

You're gong to miss seeing my airbag installation on the Ody, and you were my inspiration !!

And, dang, it looks like I'll miss out on some more of your great home brew  :eek:  

Have fun with the power washer...

towrod

Quote from: zymomyzRod,

You're gong to miss seeing my airbag installation on the Ody, and you were my inspiration !!

And, dang, it looks like I'll miss out on some more of your great home brew  :eek:  

Have fun with the power washer...

Steve -
Doesn't the Ody feel better with the airbags!   I checked out the pix
on your website.... cool location for the valves but why two air inlets? :confused:

Red neff Barchetta

Home for a few minutes to gather up the other half of the family and then back to the cg (& a fully set-up campsite!).   :)

Dave -
Signed up so far;
Champ521
SCCS
SactoCamper
Zymomyz
6Quigs
Loretta
Darth Rvr
SurfCal
Nick
Red neff Barchetta

Rod -
You guys will be missed!  Happy painting.  Don't know why those guys I sent never showed?   :D

Red neff Barchetta

After 8 pages I guess we could use an initial post bump;

We have a reservation for 2 nights at Sugarloaf Ridge SP (reserveamerica.com) which is between Santa Rosa & Kenwood off of Hwy. 12.
We are arriving on Friday, April 16 and departing on Sunday, April 18.
Total cost was $31.50.
They are non-specific reservations. Choose a site upon arrival.
Be sure to state that your trailer is only 24 feet long (hey, mine is only 19' (when closed  )).
This is DRY CAMPING (with NO hook-up's) so I thought I better mention that.
There are plenty of communal water spigots and there are flush toilets (no showers). The camp host has firewood for sale ($5.00 a bundle IIRC).
Bring lanterns & flashlights as this is a SP, not an RV Park (Wait until you see all of the stars!).
I can bring my generator & battery charger if it makes anyone feel more comfortable regarding power.
This is a beautiful SP great for hanging out or doing some terrific hiking. There should still be some water in the creek that runs past some of the sites in mid-April.
The site loops are a terrific place to ride bikes around and keep the kids in view. Also, there is a giant field/meadow in the center of the largest site loop with no sites in the center. Great place for playing ball, stomp rockets, frisbee, etc...
Dogs are fine, but they are not allowed on the hiking trails. (But horses are! What's up with that?! They drop bigger bombs than dogs do, lol.)
There is an observatory and it will be open Saturday night if that interests you;
http://www.rfo.org
Our friend is a docent with the observatory so we would get our own personal star guide if she works that night.
Jack London lived nearby in Glen Ellen and used to ride up to Sugar Loaf regularly. You can visit his home and park. There are also a lot of wineries in the area.
The SP (& cg) is simple to get to;
Turn (left if coming from Santa Rosa or right if coming from Kenwood/Sonoma) onto Adobe Canyon Rd. & follow this for a little under 4 miles until you reach the ranger/check-in station.
*The final 1 1/2 miles (+/-) is up a very steep grade as you climb the mountain, but levels off right before you approach the ranger/check-in station.
At the corner of Hwy. 12 & Adobe Canyon Rd. is a great mexican restaurant called "Vineyards Inn" (where we have been known to cheat & have dinner at while camping at Sugarloaf  ).
We love this SP, and not only because it is close to our home. There is also a Safeway (9 miles) nearby also.
Just thought I'd mention it if anyone is interested.
We'd love to have you join us!
Last note;
I will be arriving on Friday about 11:00 in the morning, so if anyone joins us you should send me your reservation info. so I can grab you a site next to or near us. The rangers are very cool here (usually).

If I am gone or busy when you arrive;
On my LP tanks will be a white plastic hose (used for a dishwasher) about 4' (+/-) long that you can grab as you drive around the cg loop. Pull up to a cg water spigot (that is on the driver's side of your trailer) and fill up your fresh water tank using this hose. Most of the spigots at the cg are NOT threaded so the rubber end on one end of this hose slips right onto the spigot nicely. Please replace the hose on top of my LP tanks when you are finished with it so the next arrival can use it. This way you can start with a full tank of fresh water before you un-hitch.  

Lists (for Ray) -

Don't forget;
- to fill your WH at home (this is 6 gallons you won't have to fill at the cg)
*don't do the above if your WH is behind your trailer's axle*
- fully charged battery(ies)
- charger (if you have one)
- full propane tank(s)
- grey water tote
- fresh water tote
- flashlights & lanterns

Attendee's;
7 1/2 PU's
&
2 Hybrid's

Red neff Barchetta

Btw, reserveamerica.com will be down 3/23 - 4/6.

zymomyz

Quote from: towrodcool location for the valves but why two air inlets?

I wanted to fill each airbag separately so they wouldn't be tempted to share  :p . I've made it a game to see if I can get them filled up the same  :rolleyes:

zymomyz

Quote from: JeffBtw, reserveamerica.com will be down 3/23 - 4/6.

The entire site !!  :eek:  Do you know why ???

Ca-girl

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaHome for a few minutes to gather up the other half of the family and then back to the cg (& a fully set-up campsite!). :)

Dave -
Signed up so far;
Champ521
SCCS
SactoCamper
Zymomyz
6Quigs
Loretta
Darth Rvr
SurfCal
Nick
Red neff Barchetta

Rod -
You guys will be missed! Happy painting. Don't know why those guys I sent never showed? :D
Hmmm....that sounds like my kind of group!  Perhaps I'll show up as the "Notorious Housguest of NNC" again. :p

SCCS

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaBtw, reserveamerica.com will be down 3/23 - 4/6.
Jeff,
 Not according to RESERVE AMERICA's website. It's just New York's park system that will be down.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: The guy who thought to look it up for himselfJeff,
 Not according to RESERVE AMERICA's website. It's just New York's park system that will be down.
Scott -
That's what I get for ASSUMING someone else's information was correct.   :rolleyes:
I was home very briefly on Friday & saw that thread and didn't feel like confirming it for myself.
Thanks for the correction.  Although since I've made all of our reservations through September I wasn't too worried.   :D
Just thought I'd mention it for anyone else wanting to go to SugarLoaf.

Had a great w/e @ Casini (free w/e for bringing the group there last november)!  Awesome weather!  What a change of scenery though - all of the river sites (that we were in) were taken by mega-buses calling themselves "The Road Runners".  I like that name.  Reminds me of the fastest I've ever gone in a car before.  My friend had a Roadrunner back in high school and he took us up to 145 mph!!  Scared the c%^& out of me, but was fun when it was all over, lol.

We went to the ocean (to see my BIL and their mega-bus at Doran Beach) and were so glad to be at Casini.  The coast was socked in with fog & serious wind where we had temp's. in the mid-80's and totally calm.   :)

Surfcal

Neff!

Glad you had a great time.  That Casini Ranch is a great campground.  Do they stock cans of Spam now at the store?  You never know when there'd be a sudden need of those to fulfill scavenger hunt requirements.

Those river sites when we were there were perfect, a completely unobstructed view of the waterway and the whole area to the rowdy members of Nick-Neff-Cough.  How often do you have the whole campground to yourself?

The weather must have been great!  Last we were there, the temperature went all the way down to 26, things froze overnight, a dusting of frost all around and the blades of grass frozen in time.  It was a great scene.

I'm just yammering because no one's posting.

Surfcal