"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

Boy do I feel out of loop.  It has been weeks since I checked in.  I'm envious of you all making this rally.  We will miss it, but for all the right reasons: we will be in the waters of Cozemel that weekend!
How did we manage to get thru March ( the longest month of the year by teacher standards) without a rally.  Madonna this weekend would have been great.  It is beatuiful here today.  
Have a ball folks.
hugs

6Quigs

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaKevin -
Glad you brought that up.

The hook-up poles are the weirdest ones that I have ever seen before.
They are really wide at the bottom and you can't see the cement that is holding them into the ground.  The ground is strange also.  Instead of pavement with sites clearly outlined in white paint there seems to be some sort of dirt (?) or something sprinkled on top.  Back to the power poles - there is a strange rough outer shell around the outside as well as sticks & limbs (?) of different diameters protruding from the power poles from top to bottom.  At the ends of these smaller sticks are what appear to be needles from some of the poles & what appears to be a paper'y substance on others.  As far as the 30 amp plug is concerned, I walked circles around many of the poles and could not figure out where we plug in our rigs.  Never even got as far as looking for the cable & modem jacks.  Each site must have at least 20 of these weird power poles too!
I sure hope some of you have better knowledge about such cg's.

I won't even get into how I couldn't locate the laundry room, game room, or showers.

Btw, here's a site that I stumbled across that some of you might be interested in;
http://www.sonic.net/~markk/sugarloaf
Doesn't have any close-up's of the cg sites though.  This guy took boring "nature" pictures so I can't even identify the gas station, market, or propane filling station.

:D  ;)  :)
Great,
I'll bring the extra extension cords and some extra length of water hose, and we should do just fine.
We've got 6 different types of microwaveable popcorn we will be trying out that weekend.
We also have a new ceramic heater to try out, so I won't bother to refill the propane tanks.

zymomyz

Quote from: 6QuigsGreat,
I'll bring the extra extension cords and some extra length of water hose, and we should do just fine.
We've got 6 different types of microwaveable popcorn we will be trying out that weekend.
We also have a new ceramic heater to try out, so I wou't bother to refill the propane tanks.

Kevin,

Don't forget to NOT charge your batteries as well  :rolleyes:

zymomyz

Quote from: zymomyzKevin,

Don't forget to NOT charge your batteries as well  :rolleyes:

Oh, and while your NOT charging your battery you'll have plenty of time to view my new battery monitor mod, check the Link 10 mod ablum on my webshots  :D

6Quigs

Quote from: zymomyzOh, and while your NOT charging your battery you'll have plenty of time to view my new battery monitor mod, check the Link 10 mod ablum on my webshots  :D
Shame about that big gaping hole that the light switch screw left. Really takes from the finished product.

So how much power does that thing draw?
I hear that it will drain your battery in a matter of hours.

Red neff Barchetta

Figures that "Link" of the NNC Mod Squad would buy a Link battery monitor.

Poor Steve.  He doesn't realize how neurotic that monitor is going to make him.  Yelling at his DW when she turns on a light, pulling her over to the monitor display and showing her the temporary drop in voltage from the light.  I can see him now, waking up in the middle of the night checking to see what the draw is from the furnace fan that just turned on.  Of course he'll use a flashlight for his light source while doing this.   :D

(Actually I'm extremely jealous and can't wait to check it out in a few weeks.  Of course if Steve does a great "Vanna White" and sells it well then I just might be buying one on Monday, 4/19, lol.   :mad:  ;) )

Unregistered

Well I have repelling gear permanently stored in my PU so if we

Nick

Quote from: UnregisteredWell I have repelling gear permanently stored in my PU so if we

zymomyz

Quote from: NickGary,

... my Petzl ascenders slip...!:eek:

I just hate it when my Petzl ascenders slip, it really chafes my ... :rolleyes: :D

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: zymomyzI just hate it when my Petzl ascenders slip, it really chafes my ... :rolleyes: :D

I, too, hate it when my pretzels slip.  They get really soggy in the beer!

p.s.
go with the jumar!

Hybrid Holly

Surfcal

Quote from: NickGary,

I got to do some repelling this past weekend.  I went caving near Sutters Creek and there was a +-40 foot cliff by the cave so we did some rope work too.  Had a bit of excitement when nearing the top and one of my Petzl ascenders slipped off the rope!:eek:

Hey, shouldn't this entry be posted in "Hanging by a thread?"

Surfcal

Surfcal

Quote from: Hybrid HollyI, too, hate it when my pretzels slip.  They get really soggy in the beer!

p.s.
go with the jumar!

Hybrid Holly

Holly and Z...

You both are twisted.

Surfcal

Unregistered

Nick,

Hope you had your Petzl backed up with a Prusik.  I

Red neff Barchetta

A caving rally sounds like fun.   :)
If you guys have a manifesto writing contest in the name of the well-known caver Ted Kazinski then count me out though!   :eek:  :D

Gary, Nick -
You guys really should see "Touching The Void".  While it's still on the big screen too.  I think you both would enjoy it.

Red neff Barchetta

Well, I spent the afternoon working in the shadows of SugarLoaf ridge.  We are refinishing the tasting room floors this week at Stone Creek Winery in Kenwood which is less than 1/2 a mile from the turn-off (Vineyards Inn restaurant) for SugarLoaf.
Unlike the Pt. Reyes Lighthouse floors, this job will still be there if you go wine tasting at this winery.  You could even spill some wine all over my work.   ;)

Can't wait for this rally!  We've tried to wriggle out of a few things between now & then, but it looks like this will be our next camping trip.